Do Not Sell My Personal Information

door open light stays on can't lock car

michmc100

Please help me. I have an intermittent fault, generally it occurs after its rained. I have central locking on my 2004 fiesta zetec, but not remote central locking. When it rains the open door light will stay on once I start the engine even when all doors are shut. I am not able to lock my car when this is happening. I put the key in the door, lock it and it just unlocks itself instantly.  I've read lots of threads and they all relate to remote central locking which I don't have. I was wondering if i could just turn the central locking off and just lock manually, i spoke to Ford and they said I am not able to urn it off. I've just spent 400 on another problem I had on my car, so I don't really want to spend another load of money on something that by the looks of other posts even the dealers can't solve any help would be very much appreciated.  By the way I'm a women with hardly any knowledge cars, so please could any responses be in plain  English, thanks michelle. :-)

Check all fuse boards and around them for any water ingress, but first check the doors, see if there is any sign of water ingress into the latch mechanism

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, jeebowhite said:

Check all fuse boards and around them for any water ingress, but first check the doors, see if there is any sign of water ingress into the latch mechanism

I'll try my best, I'm almost sure it's something that is getting wet somewhere, just not sure where. When it drys out, it goes back to normal. It could be 10 minutes, 1 hour, or on the worst occasion it was 3 days, that I couldn't lock it for.

Check the fuse boards, but I know there wad a known fault of the windscreen seal perishing and water ingress to the gem board is a common problem

• Like 1

The windscreen would make sense, as I don't even want to use my washers as when I have done on occasion the light has come on, so water from the washers is going somewhere. Is that a big job, replacing the windscreen seal. ?

It's one for a professional really. If you needed it repairing for a chip in zone a, then you could have it there and chuck them a few quid to refit it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club