Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORscan Odometer reading

Stuart35

Hi,

FORscan is showing a different mileage stored in the PCM  compared to the dash (odometer). I'm not sure if it is a bug or the car has been clocked. Has anybody had similar results?

Scan.jpg

As said its in Km and Miles on your dashboard. 

Take the KM figure and divide it by 1.6 and it will give you the exact mileage which should tally up with your dashboard.

As said its in Km and Miles on your dashboard. 

Take the KM figure and divide it by 1.6 and it will give you the exact mileage which should tally up with your dashboard.

Should be 50 pod thousand miles off hand.

I am not in the UK. My dashboard is in km and Forscan is in km. My dash odometer is showing 45,xxxkm  and the PCM has recorded 92,xxx km.

Looking at your screenshot, the ABS sensor also has recorded 45,000 odd km, exactly the same as the IPC.

Perhaps it is a bug, or maybe a donated engine/ecu at some point?

I wouldnt be to bothered about that reading, ive seen discrepancies in milages before , alot more than that, talking 100000km differences or more.

I would guess the PCM is likely original as it is one of the most expensive parts to replace usually.

And with the amount of cluster faults that manifest and ABS sensor replacement usually at the same time. I do wonder if the car has done 92K km and had those items replaced at around 47K kms.

If that was the case then the car hasn't been clocked it has just had new parts fitted and the mileage should have been declared as incorrect and sold as such.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club