Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent lights on dash

8urr0w5

Hey guys, was driving home today when i noticed the red warning symbol that is on when the handbrake is applied pop up while driving. It went out and then came back on with the seatbelt and airbag warnig lights. Stayed on for about 20-30secs then went off. Came back on but instantly went back off again and not had a problem since.  I had driven about 17miles if the 19miles it takes to gwt back from work mainly motorway driving before it happened and hadnt happened before. Checked fuses and had a diagnostic tool on it no faults recorded. Focus is a 2005 1.6 mk 2 Any ideas guys?

Edited by 8urr0w5
Forgot car details lol

2 minutes ago, 8urr0w5 said:

i noticed the red warning symbol that is on when the handbrake is applied pop up while driving. It went out and then came back on with the seatbelt and airbag warnig lights. Stayed on for about 20-30secs then went off

Foci from 2005/6 are prone to electrical / soldering problems with the Instrument Cluster (IC). May be early signs of that problem. Forscan is the best diagnostic tool for this sort of problem, it can probe deeper than most other tools except Ford IDS. Forscan can cost as little as £15 if you have a windows laptop.

My 2006 Focus had this fault. I did a write up about my car & its fix:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=40491

If the diy fix part is not for you, the IC is usually repairable. However, more evidence is needed yet, before a repair or fix is really justified. Post here if there are more symptoms, or if you want info on Forscan.

Peter.