Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KA electrics

nickbancroft

Bought a 2016 white edition KA for my daughter and all the following have failed at the same time: front fogs, dipped beam, air con, electric mirrors, hill assist, stability programme, rear heated window, reverse lights and reverse sensors. I borrowed a diagnostic tool and cleared the data but no luck, charged the battery and the only fuse I could find blown was the mirror demister. I can't help feel that there is one obvious fault somewhere causing all these niggles.

If it is a 2016 model then take it to the Ford dealer and let them fix it under warranty.  No point trying to find the cause yourself.  That's just my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

If it is a 2016 model then take it to the Ford dealer and let them fix it under warranty.  No point trying to find the cause yourself.  That's just my opinion of course.

I will be letting Ford have a look, just not had chance yet as I picked it up before Christmas for a Christmas present.

45 minutes ago, iantt said:

Probably door mirror fault

And causes all these problems?

probably, i had a ka with an o/s mirror that when operated, shorted out blowing a fuse that stopped the headlights working, probably other stuff stopped working but didnt get any further into looking what else didnt work. ka electrics!!!!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 7:42 AM, iantt said:

probably, i had a ka with an o/s mirror that when operated, shorted out blowing a fuse that stopped the headlights working, probably other stuff stopped working but didnt get any further into looking what else didnt work. ka electrics!!!!

as an electrical engineer , i'd absolutely love to hear the explanation given by a dealership service desk as to why a short on the door mirror wiring would take out at least 4 other circuits.

i doubt it would be in any way coherent lol.

;-)

• Like 1

i did laugh when it happened, was a brand new ka , was doing a pdi on it, i checked lights etc, then did check on mirror adjustments . lights went out , even think other circuits failed as well from what i can remember.

• Like 1

didnt get round to tracing circiuts to see what fuse fed, just bunged another fuse in and replaced mirror assy.

just had a look, fuse 51 supplies numerous circuits, inc headlamp high beam relay, heated rear window relay, fog lamp relay, compressor clutch relay, then 6 other circuits inc mirror adjustment. reverse lights.

17 hours ago, iantt said:

just had a look, fuse 51 supplies numerous circuits, inc headlamp high beam relay, heated rear window relay, fog lamp relay, compressor clutch relay, then 6 other circuits inc mirror adjustment. reverse lights.

ah , so its a ford electrical design problem then - shared switching feed between equipment relays.

no surprises there.

;-D

• Like 1