Sign in to follow this  
McGirrr

I Want It Faster

Hiya im new to the ford owners club and thought it would be a good idea to join and help me out. I have the 1.6tdci 2009 ford focus, 90bhp and im only 17 so as many young lads i want it to be quicker and sound nicer, i have upgraded to the ST 225 wheels and its starting to look nice but i want to be able to back it up with some power and sounding nice, Any Ideas? 

Remap for more power (Tell your insurance!!)

https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/services/performance-stats/ford/focus-2005-2010/diesel/1-6-tdci-108-bhp-2005-2010/stage-1#t3-content

Exhaust wise well it's a diesel... But I have found if you spend extra on getting one you can get a nice sound. 

A remap is really the only way to get more power.  From a 90ps model I think you'll be up to about 115ps.  It uses different injectors and turbo to the 110ps hence the lower power increase.  Of course you could add those things to get more power but the cost adds up and it's probably not worth it.

At 17 you'd have to check if your insurance would allow a map though.

As for noise, a decat doesn't really make much difference, there is only one other box in the system but that's the one you'd be best off changing.