Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk7 1.6 tdci turbo

willzs

Anyone know if the 1.6tdci focus turbo will fit the mk 7 fiesta version as it's the same engine just with a smaller one?

bigger turbo in focus, i had the same idea lol! Thinking of droping a hybrid turbo into the car, then itll fly but at £800 its probably just a dream lol.

If my memory serves me correctly, the focus 1.6tdci comes in 2 flavours: a 90hp (like the fiesta) and a 110hp, which I presume has a bigger turbo

If my memory serves me correctly, the focus 1.6tdci comes in 2 flavours: a 90hp (like the fiesta) and a 110hp, which I presume has a bigger turbo

but the Fiesta is only 90bhp not 110bhp due to mapping, a very simple remap and you get 110 from the fiesta!?

Without knowing about the turbos, I know the engines are the same in the 90 bhp Fiesta/110 bhp Focus.

That said, the 110bhp 1.6 in the Focus maps to about 125bhp, so it would be logical if the Fiesta also mapped from 90 to 125 ... but it doesn't, so there's a good chance the turbo is different (or then, that the exhaust is different in a big way).

It's a PSG engine (same as the 1.4/2.0 if I'm not mistaken), and BMW use a variant of it in the diesel Mini too.

Without knowing about the turbos, I know the engines are the same in the 90 bhp Fiesta/110 bhp Focus.

That said, the 110bhp 1.6 in the Focus maps to about 125bhp, so it would be logical if the Fiesta also mapped from 90 to 125 ... but it doesn't, so there's a good chance the turbo is different (or then, that the exhaust is different in a big way).

It's a PSG engine (same as the 1.4/2.0 if I'm not mistaken), and BMW use a variant of it in the diesel Mini too.

Fiesta can be mapped to 125bhp, RS Tuning do a map I believe.

Yeah, engine in Mini too, but still a frenchy!

Fiesta can be mapped to 125bhp, RS Tuning do a map I believe.

Yeah, engine in Mini too, but still a frenchy!

I've not seen that. Their site only lists the 1.4 diesel, but regardless, I would be surprised to see a remap go from 90bhp to 125bhp.

I've not seen that. Their site only lists the 1.4 diesel, but regardless, I would be surprised to see a remap go from 90bhp to 125bhp.

guy on Fiestanetwork with a mk6.5 has had it done, rolling road like 124.5 or somthing like that!

I can understand why Ford wouldnt put a full stainless exhaust with manifold and sport cat on, even a fast flow filter, but i really cant understand why they dont map their engines tho get the best out of a standard set up

I can understand why Ford wouldnt put a full stainless exhaust with manifold and sport cat on, even a fast flow filter, but i really cant understand why they dont map their engines tho get the best out of a standard set up

well admitedly I have asked same, especially for the ZS, just to give it more umph than the grandmas driving the titaniums!! ;)

But its likely to do with keeping reliability up...the more you squeeze power out of an engine, the less miles the components will do.

like the good old CG125 Honda Bike...its only 11bhp...you could get 30/40bhp if you did you right things but it would only last 150miles....so Honda create an engine capable of a lot, down tune, create engine that will always go and does 70mpg!! :lol:

guy on Fiestanetwork with a mk6.5 has had it done, rolling road like 124.5 or somthing like that!

With other mods too, no doubt?

I would be keen to see the before and afters on an independent rolling road, as it's well known that many are far too generous. Else, all remaps would take the 90 bhp Fiesta to 125, when in reality, something like 110 is the best attainable.

Checking out some other sources leads to say yes, the engine is the same in Fiesta/Focus (1.6 diesel), but other items are likely to be different (turbo, manifold, exhaust etc etc).

First of all, the majority of people who buy the cars won't want a performance upgrade anyway, they would have bought a petrol if they did. ;)

Secondly, as InstructorPiggy pointed out, there are reliability issues on components, there is efficiency and regulations like you wouldn't know concrerning outputs etc, tax bands etc and plenty more reasons.

Then of course, more power requires suitable gearbox, driveshafts, brakes, suspension etc etc, all that will no doubt put the cost up which will get people complaining.

I used to know a bloke who designed maps for Jaguar and you wouldn't honestly believe the work that goes into them and all the constraints companies have to work to, something the tuning companies don't.

With other mods too, no doubt?

I would be keen to see the before and afters on an independent rolling road, as it's well known that many are far too generous. Else, all remaps would take the 90 bhp Fiesta to 125, when in reality, something like 110 is the best attainable.

Checking out some other sources leads to say yes, the engine is the same in Fiesta/Focus (1.6 diesel), but other items are likely to be different (turbo, manifold, exhaust etc etc).

I don't believe so...its a lot to do with emissions as the old man above ;) says...otherwise they all be a lot quicker!!

They make a car to withstand a hell of lot, high turbo pressure, high compression, high power, high revs etc, then restrict it to give it reliability!!

You be surprised what they can do now...think about it, you can get a BMW 2.0l diesel at 110bhp-170bhp now and next year that goes up i think to just shy of 200!!

ALthough I DO want to know if the turbos are the same! :lol:

To comply with emissions regulations, isn't there a dip in the power band just over 2000rpm (or close to) when looked at on a graph? Something to do with fitting into the correct emissions categories and how the calculations are made.

The emissions is definitely a factor, but the Fiesta tax band is what, £35? The Focus in its nature will be more simply for being a heavier car and also for the different setup for one - isn't it £110? It can't be much more, as my 1.8TDCi is only £120.

Either way, the fact that most remaps on the 1.6 TDCi 90 bhp are as high as 110bhp from the Fiesta, suggests that the turbo/some other part is different to the Focus (which maps to 125-130), as the engines themselves are the same.

Else a simple remap by all companies would see that 125bhp in a Fiesta, which would be rather nice imo!

RS tuning do a 125bhp remap for the festa mk5/6 1.6 tdci??! or did i not just say that!? :lol:

Well yes, of course. I did read that ...

... but you appear to have missed my point: nobody else seems to be returning those kind of maps.

Their (RST) website doesn't appear to offer a 125bhp map either. I'm simply saying, that I am skeptical of a 35 bhp gain on a 90 bhp from only a remap alone, when most remaps are only up to 115 bhp. My searches do not yield any firms that can best around 115 bhp on the 1.6TDCi Fiesta - I searched extensively last year before buying my Focus, as I considered one, but decided it wasn't big enough for my needs.

To summarise: what do 'RS Tuning' know that all other tuning firms do not, to get a better tune? And how 'generous' are their rolling roads to give such claimed outputs?

There IS a 90 bhp version of the 1.6 TDCi in the Focus, but it is a FIXED geometry turbo, with no transient overboost.

The 110 bhp 1.6 TDCi in the Focus is a VARIABLE geometry turbo with transient overboost.

Using the above info, I would hazard a guess that the Fiesta 1.6 TDCi is a fixed geometry turbo, and as a result, without changing the turbo, will not map to more than 115bhp (which is what 99.9% of firms claim the 1.6 TDCi can get).

• 1 month later...

Yea that is what the current re-maps are gettin but with the bigger turbo from the focus (if it fits) would it mean a better re-map? So does anyone know if the focus turbo would fit?

• 9 months later...

Hello.

Truly thinking about remaps/turbso etc. done more research.

Silverfox is dead right...its a variable turbo on the focus...and the mini and pug 307 etc but not fiesta as I originally thought.

However the 307s are being remapped with the variable turbos to 142bhp and 330nm.

The non variables are now happily managing 130bhp...but how happy for how long we will wait and see!! :lol:

But the swop isnt too bad...both actuators run on vaccuum...i am just researching the variable part...whether it could work...clearly a remap is needed for it to work though.

I have also looked into trying to squeeze the 2.0tdci lump in. thats 130ps and would match nicely to the zetec s 140bhp moutnune. I rekon Fords should have done this in the first place!!!

And if the 2.0tdci lump fits....well then the mondeo st 150bhp 2.2tdci will fit as it started life as the 2.0l........my mind wonders when I cant sleep!!

...................ANYWAY....how ya'll doing??

I still have all the faults I used to moan about and more and it will be in Ford again on Friday. Another day without me motor!!!

Piggy

• 8 years later...

Has anyone confirmed these ideas as I was looking to put the focus 110 injectors and turbo in my fiesta but I like the sound of the Mondeo 2.2 lump better does anyone know if it fits??

• 2 years later...
On 12/14/2009 at 8:00 PM, InstructorPiggy said:

but the Fiesta is only 90bhp not 110bhp due to mapping, a very simple remap and you get 110 from the fiesta!?

90bhp model has no dpf.

On 12/13/2009 at 11:38 AM, willzs said:

Anyone know if the 1.6tdci focus turbo will fit the mk 7 fiesta version as it's the same engine just with a smaller one?

check out nbstyling.co.uk for a straight swap hybrid turbo, they also offer a part exchange service 

Hybrid turbo - Fiesta 1.6 tdci (90hp)/Focus 1.6 tdci (110hp)/ Peugeot 1.6 HDI / Mini 1.6d /volvo 1.6d - NB Styling 

may also need bigger map sensor here:

4 Bar map sensor with NB STyling Billet adapter block- 1.6 tdci/HDi 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club