Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec 1.0 Ecoboost Mods

eimajjjj

Hi... I have a 1.0 ecoboost zetec s it's currently running 200bhp stage 2 revo with stage 3 intercooler by airtec and a cobra exhaust system. I'm on 16" alloys . Got rs spoiler and rs front bumper. Got graphics all over the car bar the roof. I'm stuck on what too do next can anyone suggest anything? 

Would post a picture but I don't know how 😂

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

I have just brought a ford fiesta mk7 1.0 ecoboost St line I have plans to mod it but what exhaust back box would be the best to put on it 

If anybody can help me out tell me the best exhaust to choose 

The best thing to do if modifying the 1.0 Ecoboost for more power is to learn how to change and repair gearboxes.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jakesmith20 said:

I have just brought a ford fiesta mk7 1.0 ecoboost St line I have plans to mod it but what exhaust back box would be the best to put on it 

If anybody can help me out tell me the best exhaust to choose 

I would go for the cobra, it gives it a deeper sound compared to the rest 

On 1/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, Jbutton98 said:

Hi... I have a 1.0 ecoboost zetec s it's currently running 200bhp stage 2 revo with stage 3 intercooler by airtec and a cobra exhaust system. I'm on 16" alloys . Got rs spoiler and rs front bumper. Got graphics all over the car bar the roof. I'm stuck on what too do next can anyone suggest anything? 

Would post a picture but I don't know how 😂

Lol 

With the stock turbo you will be lucky if you are making close to 180 Bhp. 

• Like 1

i have seen 185 but not 200bhp also i didnt know airtec made a stage 3 intercooler, i know there is a girl on insta running 210 with a forged engine with hybrid set up.

with regards on what todo next well forg it and bigger turbo but i cant see the point in that, just get a st 

8 hours ago, Kenny_stline said:

i have seen 185 but not 200bhp also i didnt know airtec made a stage 3 intercooler, i know there is a girl on insta running 210 with a forged engine with hybrid set up.

with regards on what todo next well forg it and bigger turbo but i cant see the point in that, just get a st 

Changing the pistons and rods will give you extra strength so you can push for more Hp but then you are looking at changing the turbo for something bigger then at that point  a gain in top end power really starts to affect low end torque and thus how the car drives on the road. Its also worth mentioning that the high presssure injection system will need looking at over 200Hp and thats really not worth while unless you are a die hard 3 pot lover. If you didnt mind loosing the low end torque a turbo from the newer Mk 8 Fiesta ST would be a good place to start as it will take you to 240Hp or so.

I am currenly playing around with Bosch DI units from a Golf R as my injectors are maxed out at 180 190 ish. In my data logs I have seen them spraying for over 10 milliseconds which is not good for in cylinder cooling nor power. 

I had to cut off the plug from these Audi / Golf R injectors as they will not fit otherwise. I have used a potting compound to insulate them as the ECU puts upto 70 volts to them which is why they need to be insulated. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AwEaeB6K1tsz8J849

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RKinJPnwcp8dkmRm6

As you can see from the pictures much bodging has been done to make these injectors work for my aplication. I am most likley going to add port injection to sort my fueling problem out as it has the added benifit of keeping the intake tracks clean.

Interesting work there.  Rather beyond the scope of the average  bolt on tuner but none the worse for that. Nice to see somebody taaking it seriously. How many MPG do you get? I mean of course miles per gearbox. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, anon said:

Interesting work there.  Rather beyond the scope of the average  bolt on tuner but none the worse for that. Nice to see somebody taaking it seriously. How many MPG do you get? I mean of course miles per gearbox. 

lol thats funny.

I changed my box a while back to a 6speed from a Focus 1.0 and then put Fiesta ST ratios and final drive with a LSD into it along with Fiesta ST drive shafts so its not ever going to be a problem. I am at some point going back to a solid flywheel which I will re drill for the Fiesta ST clutch and cover plate which will be fine for the power I intend to produce.

• Like 1

The solid flywheel is a good idea, as is the focus box. The latest 6 speed in the Fiesta (which has a feature only previously seen in early Lamborghinis - one for the anoraks;) is only good for about 150 BHP. You will know that the LSD puts a lot of load into the gearbox casing but you seem to be going about it the right way- good luck with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny_stline said:

Very interesting, what bhp are you aiming for, end result?

280 max but over 260 would be fine. I am going to be running two turbos small one will be a hybrid version of the Std turbo for my car but with a motorsport bearing which will be fed by a larger Turbo from a Focus ST 250.  

• 10 months later...

Hey guys,

got a 2014 Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost, white with black and red interior. The car is Immaculate but want some mods done to it. 

any suggestions???

Thanks 

Meg 

1 hour ago, MMimms said:

The car is Immaculate but want some mods done to it. 

any suggestions???

Yes, spend £1400 and get the wet timing belt changed now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes, spend £1400 and get the wet timing belt changed now.

Didn’t like to say!🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club