Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black edition trade up today!

Fenners

It does indeed sound like that, but unfortunately it isn't... ;-)

It is Ford's embellished name for the fact that it has an alternator that can be electrically disconnected from the battery so that it reduces drag on the engine when charging is not required. Under braking or engine overrun the alternator can be switched back in making use of the 'free' energy available to it.

You could argue that *all* cars have regenerative braking in this sense, however Ford seem to have used the term given that they can turn it off and therefore turning it back on again is somewhat more 'intentional' and thus worthy of the name!

I have seen it referred to by the more accurate name of 'Smart Regenerative Charging' and so it is probably better to use that term instead of what ETIS says.

• Like 1

Ah, nice explanation thanks :smile:

Anyone help on my issue? Thanks 

Go through your menu and compare with the (generic) manual - it'll be obvious if you've got the option of pairing your phone up. (I'd give you more specific instruction if I could recall it but I've only done it once!)

Thanks the problem I have is I don't have the car yet til next week I'll have to phone the ford dealer! 

if it has a sync module it includes bluetooth and so a separate Bluetooth module is not required.

It has sync that must be it then :laugh:

In fact it doesn't list sync on that link 

I have a Black Edition. You'll love it. The only thing I hate about my Fiesta is the shoddy build quality (Don't let anyone touch those bumpers). When I had my rear bumper resprayed after my neighbour kindly left his handbrake off one night the guy said the bumper is actually foobared and would need replacing, although he said Ford will never notice after he does a respray. This is because there is nothing behind the bumper to stop it flexing and breaking, most other cars have a cheap solution of some kind of foam behind the bumper. to cushion soft blows. I'm sure this is lining the pockets of Ford shareholders though. 

Oh and careful you don't scuff those lovely black wheels! Fortunately, I had them covered (and I've scuffed and had them repaired maybe 6 times in 2 years). The speed difference with the better ratios will have you wowing though if you've come from a 100/125PS.

Even the later Fiestas are quickly looking dated now though with those screens and the new Fiesta coming out next year doesn't look to too enough to modernise it, but hey, they're cheap and come with a crazy amount of options for a decent price so you can't have everything :P

Edit - It will definitely come with Sync if it's a Mk7.5 Zetec S Black Edition :) They come with the Sony stereos found in the Titaniums and will definitely 100% include Sync.

Great thanks for the reply!

ive come from a zetec s 125bhp so hoping to see the difference.

its not got a Sony stereo the standard ford one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club