Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel starting problem after top end rebuild

georgen

Right, it's been quite a while since I was on here last. This is sorted now but thought I would mention it here as I found it hard to get info on this.

Mates sons car 2010 fiesta 1.6 d 8v shredded it's cam belt and he drove it to garage. Anyway garage replaced belt and water pump but it would not start. They basically washed there hands of it and delivered it back on trailer. I removed head and one valve per cylinder had contacted pistons so had valves checked and reground as passing and skimmed put back together but no didn't start. Replaced the crank pulley as it was damaged on the magnetised section for the sensor but still no go. Showed no faults with diagnostic tool and in end after reading up on cams I removed his to see if if was a cast unit or a tube one with lobes sweated on. Turned out to be the latter. Took the plunge and bought new cam and fitted and yes it started. I cant believe how soft these cams are. Anyway if it helps someone great tried loading pic of cams side by side as you can see one cam lobe per cylinder rotated out of position compared to new one obviously when valve hit piston, so valves survived cam didn't.

See if pics load now.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

20170501_101220.jpg

20170501_101240.jpg

Edited by georgen
pics added

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club