Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette lighter fuse

enigma65

Hi

I have a Fiesta 2012 titanium model and when I bought it the seller told me that the cigarette lighter has been disabled for security reasons.

I have not needed the lighter until today since fiesta has a usb port but I do now need it to charge a specific device which charges only through the lighter.

I have checked in the fuse compartment lid and there is no indication to which fuse belongs to the lighter.

Can someone tell me if you know which fuse do I need to add and when they said they have disabled it, what other way may they have disabled it?

Thanks

Harry

They definitely said it was for security and not safety? I would question what would be the security need to deactivate the 12v socket. Sounds odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry yes for safety. The lady probably had kids and didnt want them to put their fingers there... The socket nside the car is there and it doesnt seem to be any issues with it.

It's fuse 30 and should be 20a as far as I know

You are checking the fuse box in the passenger compartment and not in the engine bay?

yes im checking the fuses near the battery.

I didnt know there are more fuses in the passenger compartment.:wink:

• Like 1

There is a fuse box behind the glove box. You need to open the glove box and then push in near where it is hinged. It should fall away and you can put it to one side. Fuse 30 is on the bottom row 6th from the left, I think. There should be a list of the fuse locations on the side of the glovebox. I can't think of another way it could have been disabled but I would keep a close eye on it if you change/insert a new fuse, don't just assume it was so kids didn't get in about it. It could have a fault.

• Like 1

I think it's at the back of the glove box.

• Like 2

Maybe but at the time it was not really important for me. Anyway I'll check for those fuses behind the glove box.

Thank you very much for the replies and your help.

• Like 1

Other thing that could have been removed or not working is the relay which is associated with the power point. It is R2, I've found a decent diagram.....

6C114E8A-32B5-46F8-B7CB-9E1F6F73AD85_zpsnpt2afkc.jpg

• 2 years later...

I changed the 20a behind the glove box and still do not work. Any idea's?

Try pulling socket out of the facia and make sure the wires are still attached to it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club