Do Not Sell My Personal Information

diesel engine shake

Foo606

Hi all before I go off to the dealers with this problem , I just want to know if this is a common problem for the Focus 1.5 ctdi engine .

I have 17 plate Ford Focus titanium diesel and when the car gets to 60 mph I get engine shudder for a few seconds then it speeds up , this hapeens in 5th and 6th gear when accelrating on the motorway'

No fault codes have come up so Im guessing its fuel related Injector or maf may need clening not sure .

Any help with this please as it seems to be getting a liitle worse , its fine if driven gently , just when I get to 2000rpm and 60 to 65 mph its shudders like its not getting enough fuel .

Have you had a recall for yours for the camshaft sprocket?  I know a lot of folk with the 1.5 have had a recall and Ford do a plethora of work alongside it and perhaps investigate this?  Not sure if yours would be affected, but I think you can find out on Ford ETIS.  Someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly I'm sure.

I have a 2.5 year old Ford Focus Titanium (one of the cars that has been recalled) with 37,500 miles on the clock and it has never behaved as you say yours does.  Generally a v smooth motor to drive.

Thanks for the repliies, I gave it a good blast today up to 4 k revs through the gears seems a bit better, tho will still seek out dealer on tuesday . Will post up anything that they find thanks guys .