Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I added hill start assist but its not working

Article dan

So the other day i did a wheel swap so i could have cruise control. While i was activating this through foCCCus i thought i'd add the hill start as well. Took for a quick test drive and the cruise and hillstart worked perfect. Next time i went for a drive hillstart is not working. There is no message saying hillstart not availible and it is switched on the menus. The cruise has continued to work fine. Any ideas anyone? I initialized the ecu after writing to bcm in foCCCus and then used forscan to remove the errors. No warning lights or faults are on.. thanks

First thing I'd do is use Forscan again to check and see if it has stored any new errors.

IT Crowd advice incoming, lol.

Have you tried turning it off in the settings and back on again?

I sort of has the same issue on my 2013 titanium   it turns out, having sent it back to Ford that the hill start although activated only holds the car for a couple of seconds,  literally!,

just enough for you to pull away,

yeah, and it won't hold if you've just rested your foot on the brake to keep the car stationary, you need to give th brake pedal a good boot before pulling off.  Works long enough for start-stop to restart and take off...

Stop being such a wussy and learn how to do hill starts with the handbrake like proper drivers do. :whistling1:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hill Start Assist does not work correctly on some early ABS module software versions. This can be solved by updating the ABS module software to the latest version. Later software version fully support the Hill Start Assist functionality.

Updating the ABS module software can be done by a Ford dealer. Do not try to update the ABS module software with the FoCCCus software. This often results in a bricked ABS module.

• 10 months later...
On 8/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, JW1982 said:

Hill Start Assist does not work correctly on some early ABS module software versions. This can be solved by updating the ABS module software to the latest version. Later software version fully support the Hill Start Assist functionality.

Updating the ABS module software can be done by a Ford dealer. Do not try to update the ABS module software with the FoCCCus software. This often results in a bricked ABS module.

How would I know from which ABS version the hill start works fine by simply enabling it through FoCCCus?

Is there any documentation on that?

No, there is not.

It is simply a case of trial and error. 

Iv noticed my hill start needs a real gud kicki g to operate it. And clutch also has to be depressed. It onky does it on gradients above 30 degrees too aparantly. I sometimes have to push pedal down quite hard about 3 times to operate it.

As I said earlier, why go to all of that bother when you can easily learn how to do hill starts with the handbrake - it's very easy - and thereby avoid dazzling the driver behind with your brake lights?

I wish more people would show a bit of care with my eyes with their poxy xenon kits. I get blinded by em .

Xenons in reflector lenses are now a major MOT fail so you shouldn't get issues with them now.  But some of the LED brake lights are just as blinding tbh, not much you can do about them with so many autos (or semi autos) about these days.  

I don't find the HSA particularly effective, maybe I'm not pressing the pedal hard enough, or maybe the inclines aren't steep enough, but I rarely feel it kick in at all.  With the awful clutch and jumpy engine in mine it's not easy to get a clean hill start in traffic, fine if no-ones in front and I can give it the boot though lol.

• 3 years later...

You added Hill start assist???. I spend most of my time disconnecting these devices. along with Auto start. My car operates a lot better without them!! Less to go wrong!" 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club