Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diagnostic Fee charged after repair

Lankyron

Been using a good local garage to service my car for years. Had a fault with the air con which they couldn't fix so reluctantly went to Ford Garage here (Lookers, Chelmsford).

Very nice feeling when booking in over the phone and asked if diagnostic fee is charged if I have the work is done with them - they said no. However, bill has diagnostic fee on it!

Phone conversation cannot be found to substantiate my claim but still thinking of going to the small claims court.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Nissan dealer (Glyn Hopkins) & Kwik-fit both said ato phone enquiry that the diagnostic fee is not charged if the work is done but I've not had to take them up on this yet!

Sorry to hear this but hardly surprised. Don't you find that "all calls are recorded" until you need one then it's nowhere to be found?

I think you will be unlikely to be successful I'm afraid as there is (ostensibly) no record of the agreement.

The only think I can think of is if your agreement to having the work done was part of the same call then you could argue that since they can't find the call, you never agreed to have the work done at the price quoted.

They'll soon find the recorded call then!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Give it a few weeks then have a mate call with a fictitious air-con problem and have him ask if a diagnostic fee is charged if the work is done with them

If they say "No" you have them

Just remember to record the call yourself

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

May have solved the problem by claiming the disputed amount back from my credit card!

May have solved the problem by claiming the disputed amount back from my credit card!

Ah, clause 75 [emoji846]

Get yourself a call recording app, but be sure to read up on the laws around making and using the recordings. I use one and it has helped me out once since I got it, to the tune of £525 with Sky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found that having the calls recorded when dealing with the 'Trust' Ford stealers and the CRC most useful.  What with them refusing to put anything in writing and all.  It's also useful in terms of reminding yourself of what was said sometimes, as it's easy to forget stuff when you're worked up.

I use ACR. You can even exclude calls with certain numbers, so you don't start getting your family and friends' calls recorded.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club