Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine transplant from Sierra into Transit possible?

Zireael

Hi,
This is a DIY question – you might have to think out of the box for a sec. Any heart transplant experts here? A family member was asking me the following question:

Is it possible to swap an engine from Ford Sierra (16v, gasoline, 2.0) into Ford Transit (1990, 2.0 Pb, pinto). Transit is an old type with carburettor, Sierra is with newer fuel injection type. The idea is to keep the current transmission box in the Transit (to keep the power level) and swap in Sierra’s engine – would it be possible to keep the original Transit transmission box and use it with Sierra’s engine.

Transit’s engine is failing and there’s someone with Sierra on offer my family knows, so that’s how the idea came to be. My family is fully capable of carrying out the swap (tools, time, space, determination) - it's just a matter of whether it all could physically fit in together.
You are the most knowledgeable audience I could think of to forward the question (it’s waay beyond me), so here it is. I’d appreciate any informed comments on the feasibility of this idea.

Attached is a photo of the Transit's engine.
Thank you in advance!

22117698_1309673412494717_935050279_o.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club