Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice needed on pillar damage

A4Hiwayman

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice regards some slight damage to the lower a pillar door mount. What are people’s thoughts? Does it effect MOT? Is it safe? Is it repairable?

It hasn’t effected door alignment, the car doesn’t wander, steering is straight etc

Many thanks in advance

Gavin

1AF07636-C5B0-4188-94A6-8852635A57CE.jpeg

D50B0B48-1AD1-4044-9DBD-7E6343EFE424.jpeg

I would imagine a body shop would use one of those tools where they tack some metal pins to the damaged area and pull most of it out, check the door for alignment and then finish off with a skim of filler, how did it happen? As it looks like the check strap is still  there.

Would have thought it to be MOT safe.

And repairable by a decent bodyshop too ;) 

That damage looks bizarre. How on earth did it happen?
As for it being a MOT failure take it to a testing station and ask.
But since you say the door fits perfectly then it's more like cosmetic but the damage is on shaped metal. But it looks like the very bottom of the door is damaged.
Definitely take it to a body shop for advice and a quote. It's not a DIY job for sure.

16 hours ago, kingsblue said:

I would imagine a body shop would use one of those tools where they tack some metal pins to the damaged area and pull most of it out, check the door for alignment and then finish off with a skim of filler, how did it happen? As it looks like the check strap is still  there.

I believe someone reversed into my car whilst it was parked in the carpark. There was slight damage to the door and wing where they meet. Outwardly very slight like a scuff so would suggest it was low speed and more ‘crush’ damage pushing the edge of the door into the pillar.. so something quite large and heavy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club