Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk 2.5 adjustable pedals

hughesy15

Hi, clutching at straws here but has anybody had any issues with the adjustable pedals? My titanium keeps losing revs but still ticks over, goes back to normal after a few minutes, pretty sure it has something to do with pedals, not showing up on fault codes though.

I didn't even know the Mk2.5 Focus came with that option? :ohmy:  

Are you getting any fault codes at all?  When you say losing revs, is this at idle or while driving?

Only ‘some’ mk2’s had an option for adjustable pedals, not all apparently. They were also electronically controlled I believe.

• Thanks 1

I did have a quick Google but can only find press articles from 2008 about the 'new' adjustable pedals.  Nothing from owners of them, or any ads for cars with them.  I wonder how many there are about...and if people even know they've got adjustable pedals if not the first owner... :unsure: 

Not a scientific test I know but does anyone else on here have adjustable pedals?

Thanks for replies guys, fault occurs sometimes at traffic lights or just normal driving and once on motorway in fast lane, just managed to get to hard shoulder, after 3 or 4 minutes ticking over power came back, no fault codes, driving me mad. 

Well it seems like no-one else on here has adjustable pedals so it'll be difficult to say if there's a common issue with them. :unsure: 

The pedal sensor uses two sensors so that if one breaks, you've still got another, if just one fails it'll also flag up a TPS fault code.  It's possible you're losing all throttle signal through a lose plug or damaged wire to the adjustable pedal but that's really just a guess.

Do you have access to live data?  If so, next time it happens, check the throttle position on live data, it's shown as a percentage.  If it's stuck at 0% while you're pressing it then there's an issue between the pedal and ECU.  If the pedal is still working fine and the percentage rises and drops as you press and release the pedal, the problem lies elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club