Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offside rear passenger door locked shut

CannonousCrash

First post! 

Afternoon, My 2009 1.8tdci smax has developed a locking fault on the offside rear door. 

I have googled and googled and come to the conclusion that the only way to open the door is by cutting off the door card ( I haven't done this yet).

I determined that it must be an electrical problem as the electric window is nonfunctioning, and the lights which illuminate the electric window button also don't work. The two Speakers do work though.

I have checked the fuse in the rear fuse box and thats fine. The child lock is also enabled. I have taken the wiring loom off from where it enters the body of the car and all the cabling seems tight. I was unable to remove the wiring loom from where it enters the door, looks like it was designed to come from within the door rather than pushed from the outside. When i removed the wiring loom, I couldn't remove the gator from the wires to see if its something in there. 

Does anyone have any other ideas for me to try ?

Jack

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update this, in case anyone has the same issue. 

A loose wire in the gater between the door and pillar. It was loose in the connector block on the pillar.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club