Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus mk3 popping speakers

focus2011

sorry I put this problem on the wrong section (new member)silly me

before I start I would like to wish all members happy Christmas and new year

strange one( has anyone experienced this ?)

I own a 2011 mk3 zetec

first thing when opening any door I get a popping noise coming through the Speakers approx eight times 

no radio on at this time after time it stops( problem seems to happen when car is cold)

thinking on the lines of a faulty speaker I changed them and checked wiring to both Speakers and head unit

but no the same problem is there

my next port of call is the head unit (possible internal fault)

I guess audio stuff goes through  the  unit?

I have looked around and ford want silly money and breakers are reluctant to have returns

I have been told that if the engineering number and radio spec (DAB etc) it should be a straight swop and connections on the rear are the same

my biggest worry with replacement is loosing my rear parking sensor display on radio MFD 

I have been told (not sure its true)that if I have to change the radio MFD (if head unit don't cure problem)it has to be programmed into the car by ford

please help

mark

If you change the head unit/ MFD with the same spec unit (e.g. sat nav, DAB, Sync, Sony) then there should be no reprogramming required. If you get it from the same model of car (including facelifts) then should also be straight swap with the connectors bwing identical. If for some reason it does need setting up again (like if the DAB doesn't show up) then you can use Forscan or FoCCCus to reactivate it yourself with an ELM327 adapter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club