Sign in to follow this  
Andehh

Ford Sync 3 - Bluetooth as default audio source?

I have a recently picked up Ford S max with Sync 3, which I do like for the family wagon but the bluetooth audio is driving me mad. I listen to music through my phone 90% of the time, but when I stop the car and get out...the next time I get in it the stupid system default to AM radio.

To then make it worse, instead of there being a simple 'Source' button to cycle through them I then need to go home -> audio -> source -> bluetooth.  I have a hardware button for Audio Settings but not Audio Source !?!? Who changes their treble settings more often then the audio source???

I go through this every morning, to turn it off AM radio.

Anyone know if there is a fix, hidden setting, software tweak to make the car wait for the bluetooth connection instead of just defaulting to AM radio?

Just for what its worth, the latest Sync 3 update, from 2.2 to 2.3 seems to clear this up. Only tried it twice, but both times leaving the car then returning to the car - if bluetooth was the last source selected when i left, the car waits for bluetooth to connect then continues with my music - instead of defaulting to AM Radio.

happy bunny :)