Sign in to follow this  
SusieT

Ford Focus 2016 "Caution" voice alert message whilst on phone

Hi

Can anyone confirm please if they are made aware by the "Caution" message when approaching a speed camera and you are on the phone in mid conversation?

I seem to recall that previously whilst I have been on the phone (through the car) and have been approaching a speed camera, that I still get the "Caution" voice message and the telephone conversation is temporarily dubbed out.  Is this correct?  If so can anyone advise me how this is done, as I seem to have pressed a button or done something, as I only get the "caution" voice alert message when I am not on the phone.

Surely it would be more beneficial if you were on the phone?

Thank you

Hi, i get the same thing on my 2019 focus. However, on mine it appears to happen randomly and not near speed cameras. When i asked them about it at the dealership, they did not know what i was talkjng about. Apparently noone at the dealership had ever heard of the car saying "caution" and not displaying a message about it. Also there is no option in any of the menus to disable it or tell you what it is cautioning you about in the first place.. . Rather frustrating!

Guys I have lost the setting for the speed camera warning caution usually I used to hear her saying caution but now I don’t have her, can anyone tell me please how I switch her on again as it’s very useful. Your help much appreciated. Thanks 

If it's any help, from memory, I think the system refers to Speed Cameras as "accident blackspots" rather than speed cameras, so you're looking for a setting that's labelled something along those lines.

Settings are in the navigation menu, you can set just visual cues (map icons) or cues with audible notifications.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk