Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford starting problems

gazzston

hi...

im new in here and i decided to give it a go due to my car...

i have starting problems with my ford focus 2005 2.0tdci...so...let me describe the simptomes...

first turn of the key starts and after 2 seconds engine dies...on dashboard message engine systems fault...

2nd turn of the key starts and by pushing the pedal i manage to keep the engine running 4 couple of minutes...and then eventually dies again...

3rd turn of the key...starts...i push the pedal...and the revs stay bloked at exactly 1100 rpm...for 2 sec...then droppes for 1 sec...to 900 rpm...goes back to 1100 rpm stays there for 2 sec....after that the engine begin to rev as normal for 2...or 3 seconds and then goes down again and dies...mention that all this time i have my foot down on the pedal at maximum...

well...after i do this things a couple of times...can take 10 to 20 minutes...the engine starts like it should...and i have no problems at all...runs like hell...

is there anyone with the same problems or do anyone knows what might be the issue?...

thank you very much...

ps: excuse my english... thanks again

Have you scanned for fault codes? An engine warning light will usually give you a code.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club