Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/C panel upgrade to facelift

Kacinas

Has anyone tried to replace the old style with the new style controller?

They are mechanically equal and will fit perfectly, the plugs are the same, wire loom appears to be the same also.

(Besides I have seen a few late pre-fl cars with the new style controller fitted originally)

post-165569-0-89724600-1503649675_thumb.jpg

There are 2 different versions of the old style Climate Control panel. In 2006 Ford changed the old style Climate Control panel, the heater blower motor and resistor. The biggest difference between both versions of the old style Climate Control panel is that the speed control of the blower motor is reversed.

The late version of the old style Climate Control panel are fully compatible with the newer style climate control panel. 

Earlier versions of the old style Climate Control panel can be replaced by a newer style Climate Control panel but this requires some additional circuitry to reverse the fan speed.

sXb71xQ.jpg

Be aware that the new style Climate Control panel has red illumination.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

hello ...

I have the same problem! how is it possible to get it to work normally with this additional circuit?

On 1/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, JW1982 said:

There are 2 different versions of the old style Climate Control panel. In 2006 Ford changed the old style Climate Control panel, the heater blower motor and resistor. The biggest difference between both versions of the old style Climate Control panel is that the speed control of the blower motor is reversed.

The late version of the old style Climate Control panel are fully compatible with the newer style climate control panel. 

Earlier versions of the old style Climate Control panel can be replaced by a newer style Climate Control panel but this requires some additional circuitry to reverse the fan speed.

sXb71xQ.jpg

Be aware that the new style Climate Control panel has red illumination.

hi ...

I have the same problem! how is it possible to get it to work normally with this additional circuit?

The heater/blower motor of the early Focus MK2 models has an integrated control module. The fan speed is controlled by a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal from the Climate Control panel.

On the newer Climate Control panels the PWM signal is reversed. This can be solved by the addition circuitry I mentioned before. This circuitry inverts the PWM signal. The addtitional circuitry needs to be installed between the fan control wire that runs between the Climate Control panel and the  heater/blower motor. Next to this the additional circuitry needs a 12 Volt power and Ground.

The Signal IN /OUT of the circuitry needs to be connected between the Blue/White wire that runs from Pin 15 of the Climate Control panel B-connector to Pin 2 of the heater/blower motor.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your help!!
Let's see if it works well !!

• 1 year later...

Has anyone managed to do this and has some pictures with the wires and the added circuitry?  I have a hard time understanding the diagram. Cheers!! 

• 6 months later...

HI, 
i recently got the facelift control unit, but mine doesnt work. Buttons light up, but tne display doesnt work and buttons dont work either. Even my dials like speedometer and rev counter doesnt light up. Can someone help me. I have Ford Focus ST225 pre face version from 2006

• 2 months later...
El 8/8/2018 a las 6:33 p.m., JW1982 dijo:

El motor del calentador / ventilador de los primeros modelos Focus MK2 tiene un módulo de control integrado. La velocidad del ventilador se controla mediante una señal PWM (Modulación de ancho de pulso) desde el panel de control de clima.

En los paneles de control de clima más nuevos, la señal PWM se invierte. Esto se puede resolver con los circuitos de adición que mencioné antes. Este circuito invierte la señal PWM. El circuito adicional debe instalarse entre el cable de control del ventilador que se extiende entre el panel de control de clima y el motor del calentador / ventilador. Junto a esto, el circuito adicional necesita una potencia de 12 voltios y tierra.

La señal IN / OUT de los circuitos debe conectarse entre el cable azul / blanco que va desde la patilla 15 del conector B del panel de control de clima hasta la patilla 2 del motor del calefactor / ventilador.

Hola JW, ¿puedes explicarnos más sobre esta actualización? Hay que hacer más circuitos o con uno está bien, y me puedes decir cuál es el conector B del panel. Tengo este problema desde hace 1 año y acabo de ver esta publicación y estaba muy emocionado de hacer esto.

• 1 year later...
On 2018. 08. 08. at 18:33, JW1982 said:

A korai Focus MK2 modellek fűtő/befúvó motorja integrált vezérlőmodullal rendelkezik. A ventilátor sebességét a klímavezérlő panelről érkező PWM (impulzusszélesség-moduláció) jel vezérli.

Az újabb Climate Control paneleken a PWM jel fordított. Ezt a korábban említett összeadási áramkörrel lehet megoldani. Ez az áramkör megfordítja a PWM jelet. A kiegészítő áramkört a ventilátorvezérlő vezeték közé kell telepíteni, amely a klímavezérlő panel és a fűtő/fúvómotor között fut. Ezen kívül a kiegészítő áramkörhöz 12 voltos tápellátás és földelés szükséges.

Az áramkör Signal IN / OUT csatlakozóját a kék/fehér vezeték közé kell kötni, amely a klímavezérlő panel B-csatlakozójának 15. érintkezőjétől a fűtőtest/fúvómotor 2. érintkezőjéig fut.

Hi. Could you possibly send the picture? Unfortunately, it is no longer available. Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club