Do Not Sell My Personal Information

StartStop stopped working

Doc007

I have a 2016 Mondeo 1.5d and the StartStop function has stopped kicking in whenever I pull up at lights or junctions. The button on the console is not illuminated and when I delve into the menus it tells me that it is working. This is despite getting up to normal operating temperature and has been happening for the past few days.

Any ideas?

You need to reset your battery monitoring module

Ignition to second position (the one before switching your engine on), press rear fog light switch 5 times, press hazards 3 times wait 10 seconds for battery light to flash then ignition off, let me know how you get on :)

Thanks, Ryan.

I have tried that but I cannot see the battery light flash on. I presume that it is one of the idiot lights in the binnacle?

Can I just clarify whether pressing the hazard lights should be three presses-ON-OFF-ON. Or three cycles of turning them ON/OFF (ie 6 presses)? I have tried both. 

Again, thank you for your help.

I've literally done this this morning on a mk3 Focus and it started my stop start again.  Don't know if its the same for all Fords though.

battery light is the red one on the dash, it should already be illuminated with ignition on, then flash a few times if the process has been completed.

Hazard switch is on off on, so you finish with the hazards flashing and battery light flashing.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club