Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EcoBoost engine/Milage.

jace1969

Has anyone on here got a Ecoboost 1.0 (125) with 100k on the miles yet as be nice to know how they cope with the new things on them like.

3 cylinder being pushed by a Turbo

Also the Cambelt as never needs to be done being in oil,rubber belt in oil and water pump/pulleys etc do these wear around the 100k/8 years.

Stuff like this.

There is a change interval of 150k /10years for the timing belt. Water pump is not timing belt driven fortunately.

I think the cambelt is 150k miles on the ecoboost. I doubt many engines will live that long.

As the saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I think the cambelt is 150k miles on the ecoboost. I doubt many engines will live that long.

As the saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement.

I just noticed this and 150k,sure more going to hit 10 years.

So does that still stand 12k a year say for most cars or is it more on modern cars now as the 10 years would be 120k.

What does the oil gain 2 more years from mine then as mine is the 1.6 2011,would of thought a few more years being in oil,good to see how the water pump last

as no cambelt drive.

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I just noticed this and 150k,sure more going to hit 10 years.

So does that still stand 12k a year say for most cars or is it more on modern cars now as the 10 years would be 120k.

What does the oil gain 2 more years from mine then as mine is the 1.6 2011,would of thought a few more years being in oil,good to see how the water pump last

as no cambelt drive.

I'm pretty sure the average mileage is now like 8-9000. I think it's more the fact belts degrade over time. I don't think we've had many belts that have lasted over 10 years without snapping or being split more than once per inch. It's the same time even if the hours run are half of what they are on an identical piece of kit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I'm pretty sure the average mileage is now like 8-9000. I think it's more the fact belts degrade over time. I don't think we've had many belts that have lasted over 10 years without snapping or being split more than once per inch. It's the same time even if the hours run are half of what they are on an identical piece of kit.

I see what you saying but what is the oil gaining,when i had my car 4 years ago i was told 10 years/100k but spoke to ford last week and changed to 8 years.

Aint the rubber going to last longer being in oil.

Its good to see the things like this on these new modern cars like the EcoBoost,by the way i have had a cambelt go on my old CVH engine so i look at these a lot.

There's no law of physics that makes small, powerful engines any less robust than an engine of the same power, but double the size.

Yes, the wee Ecotec suffers higher cylinder pressures.  However, the smaller, lighter pistons and rods mean for a given RPM each piston "weighs" hundreds of kilos less, so are less likely to spontaneously fail.

The smaller engine may rev higher for a given road speed, and the pistons may therefore travel further.  However, the smaller pistons are easier to manufacture accurately as sit squarer in the cylinder with relation to the bore walls, so (all other things being equal) are inherently less prone to wear.

Let it get up to temperature before driving it hard, keep it properly serviced, and there is no reason why it should be expected to have a lifespan any difference to a larger engine of equivalent output.

The only thin that might suffer are ancillary items, such as the turbo itself, but stick to the rules about warm ups and servicing and even that's fairly rare on modern units. 

4 hours ago, Ad@m said:

This thread could be of interest.

i read this the other day,just good to know like this link on here you have put.

You seem to see and read a lot on here about a nice few problems and not even hit close to 50k so was just seeing is there any on here who is close to the 100k.

So no main advantage of the belt in the oil then.

No advantage to the owner.  To the designer it allows a smaller block casting, less materials, less weight, less cost.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club