Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drive axle question

doggsbody
聽Share

Hi all, right I've done a few odd different bits on both our Ford's. I have a new drive axle for the passenger side n I've changed the odd bits before but never had to order a complete axle as of yet. So I've got the axle but for some reason it has plastic section in-between the CV boots would this be for transportation purposes ? Thanks 馃憤

15191681489391662998723.jpg

I鈥檝e never seen one of those before lol.

out of interest though, does the box the driveshaft come in smell like marijuana? I鈥檝e found quite a lot of the time they do for some odd reason, even the last load of cv boots I bought had that same smell :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stef123 said:

out of interest though, does the box the driveshaft come in smell like marijuana? I鈥檝e found quite a lot of the time they do for some odd reason, even the last load of cv boots I bought had that same smell :lol:

I've never seen 1 on them either 馃槀 but it's shown in the advertisement picture on it too so does confuse me slightly too, as to the smell of marijuana/scunk weed that you mention stef123 quite funnily enough my partners focus has started to smell like that on the odd time over the last few days l just thought it was growers n the smell was sticking to the cabin filter as it gives me headache 馃槀

• Like 1

As to the box bit thoe no funny smells to that 馃槀

11 hours ago, stef123 said:

Well Stef as it turns out it was just for transportation purposes ? Had to cut it off with a grinder as has big piece of metal within the rubber, l found it out after fitting it and not being able to move the axle across enough to refit it all 馃槀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doggsbody said:

Well Stef as it turns out it was just for transportation purposes ? Had to cut it off with a grinder as has big piece of metal within the rubber, l found it out after fitting it and not being able to move the axle across enough to refit it all 馃槀

It certainly doesn't look like it belongs on there anyway lol.聽

job done then is it?聽

2 hours ago, stef123 said:

It certainly doesn't look like it belongs on there anyway lol.聽

job done then is it?聽

job done then is it?聽 馃槀

Well to say it was my first time yeah it's all done and went pretty well apart from the transportation cover, the only thing is the ***** noise is still there 馃槧 the other day ( when I first heard the tapping noise ) l changed the oil n filter, gearbox oil, added the engine oil thicker n none of them have stopped it my tyres a pretty good ( Probably the best I've ever had ) so l know it's not them so I'm thinking if it's the drivers side but sounding like the passenger side as l can feel a slight tap in the gear stick but only when accelerating !!