Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 tdci, how to turbo chatter/ flutter

MadeByAlex.

Hi guys, anyone know how to make the 1.6tdci make the turbo flutter noise? 

Posted a link below to give an example. 

Thanks.

Remove and blank your recirc valve or blow off valve. When the throttle closes, the boost left in the intake has nowhere to go. It therefore goes back towards the turbo (which is still spinning) and creates that flutter sound.

Having a blow off valve means that excess pressure gets vented rather than back through the turbo.

It will shorten the lifespan of the turbo though as you're causing excessive wear. After all, there must be a reason why they equip blow off valves.

Good luck making a VNT chatter if you've got a 110 1.6...  

Thanks guys, was just curious as I stumbled upon the video on YouTube, not doing it to mine as I have it remapped to 148bhp 243lb/ft torque and be afraid of turbo failure. Handy to know though. 

another thing on my mind which I’m interested in is where to source facelift mk2 focus projector headlights, can’t find any anywhere apart from ford which is a big no no. 

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to install a blow off valve on a 1.6 diesel Ford focus mk2 2009? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club