Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0 tdci thermostat housing trouble

Dekkerson

hello

the problem I am having is this. My thermostat is stuck open and causing overcooling of my engine.

I went to my local motor factors and purchased the thermostat housing for my car. When I took it to the mechanic he said I have the wrong part.

problem is. the motor factors are adamant it is the correct part which they obtained from Ford themselves.

the housing I have in my car has a connector at the top and there is a plug in it, the new part from ford doesn't

I have attached a photo of a diagram of the part I have fitted and  photo of the part from the motor factors and they look different.

the garage said they can't fit it because it doesn't have anywhere to plug in the top sensor.

Thanks for any help

Dekker

153BA836-3821-47E5-BDCD-3E432882B3A8.png

9921158E-64FD-43E1-BFFE-908869BF1769.jpeg

F4999948-BE08-4350-A539-EFDDEF14DFC3.png

CAB8C289-AFF8-43FD-B27D-AEB2190EDFC2.png

You would be better phoning your local ford dealer/parts department and speaking to them yourself. That way you can tell them what you have and what you need.

Thanks Stef123

I tried that, surprisingly they said they only stock the one without the connection on top, the black one in the picture, they said that is the one for my car, they’re not sure about the other one, they’ve never seen them apparently.

I just found this information about the one in the diagram picture, does that mean it has been replaced by the black one?

Thanks 

dekker

F6205B7B-8FEE-4600-8858-3269E508C4BE.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club