Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting And Secret Hole Manual (Well, Sort Of)

caloyski

here are some of the pictures for my ambient lighting(lits up when door is open, engine turned off or car unlocked) and push open push close latch for the secret hole.

Sasha0002.jpg

Sasha0001.jpg

Sasha0000.jpg

for the ambient light: bulb sockets are already pre-installed, just need to fill it with red 501 bulbs and for the dashboard, i used a LED strip wired to the footwell bulbs. positive & negative connection for led strip. if the strip does not lit up, try exchanging the wires. if it lits up, tape the wire to the socket. (see picture below)

Sasha0003.jpg

Sasha0005.jpg

push open push close latch: got it from an old and broken cd player. took it out and measured if it will fit the hole in the console. it didn't fit so i made it a bit bigger by slowly shaving the sides of it by a cutter blade. be careful not to make it too big.

and i adjusted the locking tip of the plastic door by cutting it out and sanding it from the bottom end to make it a bit smaller...(took out maybe around 4mm from its original height so the door won't stick out if its closed) and made the tip smaller also so that it would fit inside the latch. (dont make it to narrow or else the latch won't catch it) then paste it back to the plastic door.

beforeafter.jpg

that's the rough instructions, i apologize for the lack of illustrations.

wasn't able to take pictures while doing those things. more questions and comments will be appreciated.

Edited by caloyski

for the ambient light: bulb sockets are already pre-installed, just need to fill it with red 501 bulbs

sorry which part is this in the pics? i want to 'fill the already pre-installed' bits but i don't know where i'm looking... i.e. what does this do when you fill them?

there's a whole thread on that secret hole lol

sorry which part is this in the pics? i want to 'fill the already pre-installed' bits but i don't know where i'm looking... i.e. what does this do when you fill them?

that was the footwell lights.

you should be able to see them behind the plastics of the bottom part of the dashboard, beneath the steering wheel and the glove box.

the strip light in the dash lining is another thing. which comes with the other trims of the mk7. since i only have the ambient trim, i installed it myself with LED strip lights.

Was the carbon look and secret hole an extra?

Never seen it before :0!

i did everything by myself, just bought myself a CF vinyl sticker and took the plastics out of the dashboard and stick the vinyl with a heat blower to shape with the plastics.

for the secret hole: search the forum with keyword "secret hole" there's a big discussion on this one.

looks good that mate i been interested with getting that push clip thing for the pocket as i do use it alot to put i.e. me wallet in when i going out etc and that carbon look! did you you get it off internet??? if so... link ;) haha thanks

Have you got a pic of where the footwell lighting is?

I can't see it :(

looks good that mate i been interested with getting that push clip thing for the pocket as i do use it alot to put i.e. me wallet in when i going out etc and that carbon look! did you you get it off internet??? if so... link ;) haha thanks

just made it myself.

maybe these links can help:

Dashboard update

removing headunit

secret hole

Have you got a pic of where the footwell lighting is?

I can't see it :(

hope this can help:

footwell_lights.jpg

This ambient lighting has all fiestas got this wiring in place,as im stumped to where it is ive searched for it but cant find any wireing?

Found this site Dash Kits, but being american, they don't have the Fiesta, but say they will do anything subject to being able to get hold of one!

just a heads up... check through your menu system via your headunit, in 'vehichle' if you do not see 'ambiant lighting' then chanes are you WILL NOT have the wiring in place nor the programing to make them work even if you did... look through your handbook and you can see some options in the vehichle menu that you might be missing due to not being a titanium.. i can imagine getting them to work with ford parts would be a right ballache through the plug and play method just like the usb scenario

just a heads up... check through your menu system via your headunit, in 'vehichle' if you do not see 'ambiant lighting' then chanes are you WILL NOT have the wiring in place nor the programing to make them work even if you did... look through your handbook and you can see some options in the vehichle menu that you might be missing due to not being a titanium.. i can imagine getting them to work with ford parts would be a right ballache through the plug and play method just like the usb scenario

well, i actually don't have the ambient lighting option in the vehicle menu on the HU. i just checked if i have the footwell lights sockets underneath my dash.. luckily, i have them and tried filling them in with bulbs. then as soon as i fill them with bulb, they lit up as courtesy lights (door opened, unlocked car, engine just turned off). then i bought a strip LED lights then tap them to the footwell lights wiring..that's it.. just check if you have those footwell bulb sockets underneath the dash plastics.

well, i actually don't have the ambient lighting option in the vehicle menu on the HU. i just checked if i have the footwell lights sockets underneath my dash.. luckily, i have them and tried filling them in with bulbs. then as soon as i fill them with bulb, they lit up as courtesy lights (door opened, unlocked car, engine just turned off). then i bought a strip LED lights then tap them to the footwell lights wiring..that's it.. just check if you have those footwell bulb sockets underneath the dash plastics.

really?

i'd have though frd in their infinate wisdom would have set this up the same as the usb/bluetooth/etc whereby you could get te parts but unless the headunit/computer was updated to suit then they won't work..

can you get any detailed pictures of the location? or better, a video?

really?

i'd have though frd in their infinate wisdom would have set this up the same as the usb/bluetooth/etc whereby you could get te parts but unless the headunit/computer was updated to suit then they won't work..

can you get any detailed pictures of the location? or better, a video?

i'm not being rude but, if you have read this whole thread, you'll find the picture of where to find the bulb sockets... its really not that hard to find if you really care to look underneath the plastics. if you still can't find it, maybe you just don't have it..

i'm not being rude but, if you have read this whole thread, you'll find the picture of where to find the bulb sockets... its really not that hard to find if you really care to look underneath the plastics. if you still can't find it, maybe you just don't have it..

thats why i'm asking for a more detailed image.

not being rude but two arrows added in paint isn't exactly a conclusive method of illustrating to others where these bulb holders are.

i have took my glovebox out and not seen anything, now that doesn't mean i haven't got it, more so that i could be looking in the wrong place. nice edit btw ;)

thats why i'm asking for a more detailed image.

not being rude but two arrows added in paint isn't exactly a conclusive method of illustrating to others where these bulb holders are.

i have took my glovebox out and not seen anything, now that doesn't mean i haven't got it, more so that i could be looking in the wrong place. nice edit btw ;)

you don't have to put the glove box out, just look "behind" the lowest part of the plastic door of the glovebox..

:huh: i just noticed, you keep assuming on things... i didn't have the ambient lighting in the menu option on the HU.. and i didn't use paint to add the arrows.. used PS. sorry, don't know how to use paint. :D

maybe the pictures in this forum can help you... Footwell lights

you don't have to put the glove box out, just look "behind" the lowest part of the plastic door of the glovebox..

huh.gif i just noticed, you keep assuming on things... i didn't have the ambient lighting in the menu option on the HU.. and i didn't use paint to add the arrows.. used PS. sorry, don't know how to use paint. biggrin.gif

maybe the pictures in this forum can help you... Footwell lights

yup, that thread with those pictures makes it far clearer where to look.

yup, that thread with those pictures makes it far clearer where to look.

did you find it already?

i've checked mine out, got the bracket but no bulb =/ ahwel

i'm gonna look into using the bracket and fitting my own bulb run off the gearstick cause i have the illuminated gearstick