Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saving Money On Services! Don't Get Ripped!

Paramanic

Saving Money On Services! Don't Get Ripped!

Was on the fiesta forum lately and people were getting ripped off for how much their second service was!
they were saying second service is £193 which is ridiculous! but i will get to this ..........

Here is a way to save ......
Just because Evans Halshaw, Bristol street motors (macklin motors if in scotland) all have the ford badge on them doesn't mean you getting best deal!

I personally go to Rapid Fit (known as tyre king in some parts) and they do the exact same service and stamp your book just as Evans halshaw BSM etc all do and at a cheaper rate!! as these companies know people are going to come to them because they have a ford badge on there sign its as simple as this so for this fact they rip you off with the prices!

back to the story now ..........
My second service wasn't £191 that many people are saying on the forum until I explained this to them ......
Mines was £120 for the exact same service and got book stamped too!

Here is quotes form the fiesta forum (called Ford Recommend)

Thanks again paramanic, I called ford mc this morning to check about potentially invalidating warranty (and it won't provided they use ford parts), so I've booked myself in at my favourite tyre and service shop in gloucester (about 12+ miles away from me!) and am going to save myself nearly 70 quids in the process (£125)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

NICE ONE Laurie!
just remember if its got ford on the banner doesn't mean its the cheapest! they all have to do the same stuff but ive noticed Bristol street motors, maklin motors and evan halshaw all ford garages and all charge at a higher price because obviously they have ford on there name so a think people think oh ford they must do it cheapest and must be a standard price ......................not true as you have found out. ive been going to my rapid fit since i started driving and got a good relationship with them and my family have been going alot longer than me and he tells us straight! I recently had my light adjustment checked something ford would have charged 25 for and my local garage (rapid fit) said he had a bit of time 5mins later done and cost.....nothing! always a good way to build up relationships

I think this should be made a sticky, if it's allowed I'd also like to promote also my favourite tyre and service centre - it's Chris Mullins tyres of Gloucester. The most thorough service I've ever watched take place, attention to small details was immense, cheaper than ford as pointed out above too! I honestly couldn't recommend them more!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

So many people don't realise you can go to any vat registered garage for a service and the warranty is fine so long as genuine parts are used and the book is stamped. The only point to consider is a Ford service includes breakdown cover for a year, so for some people this could be of benefit (I have breakdown cover via my bank account so wouldn't be of benefit to me).

I've actually got my first and second service for free when the time comes as compensation for the car breaking down after a week

/snip/....as compensation for the car breaking down after a week

Oh? Do tell / link article? That's not good at all is it? :o

Thankfully I'm a member of the RAC and covered as a person not covered as a car iykwim

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

You are 100% spot on and was going to do a thread on this,the person who had my car from new never used

FORD,all book is stamped and they are a complete rip off, i know a master fit manager.

Works in the same garage as its ford/vauxhall and the labour is mad even he says it.

I make a point to try and ring the garage where my car was done ( 4 stampes) and get a full run down on the service when i have a car,I have FORD parts but half the labour,its just knowing a good garage.

Chemix autocentre i use for 6 months service which is just oil/filter/flush and check stuff.

Ford normal service time is 12 months.

I took a 2 year service plan when I bought my car and it's a non ford garage.

My only slight concern of using non ford is if there are any small things that ford might do or check that's been passed down fron head office. You know, almost recall stuff but not quite. Maybe software updates etc.

I took a 2 year service plan when I bought my car and it's a non ford garage.

My only slight concern of using non ford is if there are any small things that ford might do or check that's been passed down fron head office. You know, almost recall stuff but not quite. Maybe software updates etc.

Ye sure bud? Because in rapid fit they get the exact same orders from Ford as evans halshaw gets (garage is right behind Evans halshaw Motherwell) that much so all the Ford police cars get serviced in rapid fit

Maybe they do. I just presumed they wouldn't. Ive not had a service yet.

Oh? Do tell / link article? That's not good at all is it? :o

Thankfully I'm a member of the RAC and covered as a person not covered as a car iykwim

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

There were a spate of fuel pump failures on some cars built early last year. Ford dealt with it well and I'm happy with the compensation, was just very annoying at the time after only 170 miles!

For me it depends on the age and value of a car. Some prospective buyers come sale time will demand full dealer history. I realise the service is actually likely to be better from an independent than from a dealer but some will still feel at ease with dealer history.

Once a car passes say 5 years old the above doesn't matter as the cars value is or has fallen.

Cars like BMWs and Jaguars and so on are a real pain to sell if full Dealer history is not stamped in that book ! I know this as I had a mint BMW M3 sold up to the point the fella looked at the service book. When he did he walked. Bit narrow minded perhaps but he had a point.

Garage I bought mine from (59 reg Titanium bought in Dec) reckoned over £200 per service. To be fair, when I was ringing around local garages to get my Ibiza done I was struggling to get under £150 for the most basic service.

In the end I've gone for the servicing plan which I can cancel at any point and get a refund. Mine has full Ford service history which is why I might keep it on the plan. Works out at about £700 for four services, half price MOTs, free puncture repairs, collection and delivery for its services, accident and aftercare service and courtesy car providing I have fully comp insurance (which I do). Probably being a complete sucker signing up to it, but apparently I can cancel at any point and get a refund, so will stay for now..!

The courtesy car add on I'm really pleased is there actually. Someone rear ended me in Feb last year and my insurance at the time used an assistance firm who charge rip off prices for courtesy cars and have a reputation for coming after YOU even if you aren't the liable party because you have to sign forms saying that's OK if the other party dispute the costs, else you don't get a courtesy car :unsure: Luckily the other party was insured with a company who do it themselves and use Enterprise cars which are cheap and local to me. But would not be happy if both of us had been insured with a company that use the same accident assistance firm. Apparently they charge over £100 a day for the equivalent of a corsa. Enterprise charged about £18 a day for a 6 month old 1.25 Zetec (which is how my fiesta love started :wub: ).

A person on here was right and the same as i think,its all down to the age of the car.

I like to keep my car serviced every 6 months as not used a lot,even if just oil/filter at a good

garage and main dealer for the normal service but i still say there prices are way to high.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club