Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon Headlights Europe Adjustment

iNVADER84

Hi there,

I own a Mk3 Focus Titanium X 1.0Eco

I'm planning a trip to France, my first time overseas driving and was wondering if anyone might have advice on how to adjust the headlights without the need for stick on deflectors (assuming they work with Xenon) and without paying the dealer to do it for me!

Any advice would be great :-)

I don't think stick on reflectors will work with xenons, they have levellers so the beams won't be in the same place on the lense every time if that makes sense.

The dealer can just plug in their computer and swap to the euro settings I believe, not sure how much they'd charge though. Other than that, unless it can be done via ELM with Foccccus or similar theres not much other option.

Is there no option on the centre screen? It might just be the facelift which can do that though, I can't remember from my old Tit X.

On my old MK2 Facelift with xenons they used to have a little lever inside the headlight to adjust this.

You did have to take out the headlight but that was only 1 screw and 2 clips. I used to do it in the car park whilst waiting for the Eurotunnel.

I assume this is not still the case with the MK3/3.5 then?

MK3.5 is easy, just a setting change in the drivers cluster.

Not sure if MK3 has this, or if it is a manual adjuster.

I'll see if I can find anything in the manual...

Ok it just says this for the MK3:

To adjust the headlamps for driving on the left or right hand side of the road, see your dealer.

Do the levers actually change the pattern to head up the other way though or do they just flatten them out? I thought I read somewhere it just flattens the pattern which is fine for temp use.

Do the levers actually change the pattern to head up the other way though or do they just flatten them out? I thought I read somewhere it just flattens the pattern which is fine for temp use.

Yes that's correct it's just for temporary use. If you move to an LHD market and take your car with you then you need new headlights.

Called the dealer who couldn't find anything for the Mk3. He stated however that he'd been over to France with the same setup and didn't change anything with no issues. However I guess he just didn't get caught. He's given me the number of the Ford helpline, but it's crazy to think no one around here had been to France in a bi-xenon....

I'll look for this lever, total shame it's not computer controlled, everything else in the TitX 3 is....

Dealer is right, Ive had a look and couldnt find any info on bi xenons either,

• 1 year later...

What was the outcome on this?

Did anyone find out how pre-facelift Focus Mk3 Bi-xenons are adjusted for Europe?

All well and good having the dealer do it, but if I'm driving to the coast overnight it then means driving that distance with "EU" lights (and of course the £££'s).

Any "home" solution?

I have spoken to ford about the headlights on a ST3, there is a screw towards the back of the unit that needs turning anti-clockwise 180 degrees, this changes the direction of the beam for driving whilst in the EU. 

I just found this, dunno if its any help.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club