Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Focus, Hello Mazda6

hawker

My troublesome Focus has now been sold, and I now have a Mazda6 2.3 Sport on an 06 plate.

Thanks for all the help and advice I've received on here over these last 8 problematic months. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on here and have made a number of friends.

Some pictures of my new motor:

Side01.JPG

Rear03.JPG

Front03.JPG

FrontLight04.JPG

I've already been tinkering about, and fitted some ultra bright white LED sidelights, xenon-like main beam bulbs (tinted blue) and have a brushed aluminium fuel flap on order! :rolleyes:

I will still be coming on here regularly to poke my nose in and try to help other Focus owners out whenever I can.

Thanks again

Thats actually quite nice its classy yet slightly sporty more of an mps man myself due to the nature of how i drive ie foot flat down screaming GET OUT OF THE WAY OLD BAG. One thing though where are the front fogs? noticed this on a few when my dad was looking for a new car

Mike

nice motor mate i just traded in my mazda 6 2.3 sport petrol for my focus so we've gone opposite directions lol. mine was a 53 plate in a nice golden yellow with tinted windows and the twin exhaust same as yours. its a fast bit of kit tho it shows in petrol consumption and tax is terrible also. i had a few minor problems with mine a wheel bearing went cost £100 or somethin then the passenger headlight became tempramental and came on when it felt like it and i was told a new xenon bulb cost £50 and then some sort of sensor went and the part alone cost £600 from mazda and roughly £850 by the time they worked out wot was wrong and then fixed it. good luck with yours mate they are nice cars quite luxurious compared to my new focus lol.

Thanks fellas. :)

The front fogs are in the headlight units themselves. (its the 3rd one in from the outside)

I bought this one from my local Mazda dealer, and comes with a year's full warranty, so hopefully, if anything is to go wrong, it will be inside the next 12 months.

smart move with the warranty wish i had took out the 2 year one lol aw well just your luck i guess. is it full leather inside with the built in sat nav etc?

No its not got the full leather or satnav.

I looked at a practically identical one in Bath, same colour, same mileage and on an 06 plate, and this had the full leather, which was very nice, but the general condition of the car wasnt up to the same standard as this one. On top of the main dealer warranty I decided to plumb for this one.

:)

better goin for the best conditioned one good choice. i had the full leather in mine but its roasting in summer and freezing in winter lol also sat nav can be a pain in the !Removed!. bet you notice a big difference in fel consumption mines drank petrol like it was goin out of fashion had to downsize to save the pennies

Not had chance to work it out yet (first tank filled on Sat)

I'm aiming to get about 30mpg. My average on the 1.6TDCi was about 45-48 mph, so with the mileage I do, I can probably expect about an extra £10 a week

But, I'm hoping I wont be forking out every other week on expensive repair bills now, so its swings and roundabouts! :P

Thanks fellas. :)

The front fogs are in the headlight units themselves. (its the 3rd one in from the outside)

I bought this one from my local Mazda dealer, and comes with a year's full warranty, so hopefully, if anything is to go wrong, it will be inside the next 12 months.

Nice looking motor Paul, you'll look a right swanky little !Removed! !Removed! ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMING around in that.......Pleased for you mate.......fingers crossed :D

Not had chance to work it out yet (first tank filled on Sat)

I'm aiming to get about 30mpg. My average on the 1.6TDCi was about 45-48 mph, so with the mileage I do, I can probably expect about an extra £10 a week

But, I'm hoping I wont be forking out every other week on expensive repair bills now, so its swings and roundabouts! :P

its a nightmare when you get a car that seems to have problem after problem, the first year or so i had the mazda i had no trouble at all then as soon as something happened it seemed never ending.

Nice looking motor Paul, you'll look a right swanky little !Removed! !Removed! ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMING around in that.......Pleased for you mate.......fingers crossed :D

I've not farted in it yet catch - the novelty still hasn't worn off! :lol:

Nice car and Mazda is a quality brand. I know you are expecting fuel economy to suffer but the way I see it there is more to life than fuel economy! I'm in a similar situation-thinking of getting rid of my Focus TDCI and going back to petrol-looking at BMW 2.5 or 3.0 litre six. Also considering others as well-such as Mazda 6 MPS. Hope this car serves you better than your last, all the best.

At the end of the day, if the Mazda makes you happy and its mechanically sound and you love driving it, sod how much fuel it uses or how much tax you pay. You know you made the right choice and i think the car looks very classy.

Good luck with it.

thanks for all the kind words fellas.

I know this Mazda will be more expensive to run day-to-day compared to the Focus (if you disregard the Focus' £1700 combined repair bills over the last 8 months!!). Road tax will double, insurance will go up by about £150, and probably £10 more per week in petrol, but bugger it! As a very wise member on here informed me, "Life is not a rehearsal" ;) its a damn lovely car both to look at and to drive, and it gives me that "feel-good" factor. As long as it proves to be reliable I will be a very happy bunny.

And anyway, to compensate the extra cost, we are going to flog the Missus' Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi for a cheap-as-chips-to-run Yaris 1.0 or Mazda2 1.3

Back of the net! :D

At the end of the day, if the Mazda makes you happy and its mechanically sound and you love driving it, sod how much fuel it uses or how much tax you pay. You know you made the right choice and i think the car looks very classy.

Good luck with it.

Words spoken by my dad about an hour before he ended up with a 55-plate mondeo st220 haha

thanks for all the kind words fellas.

I know this Mazda will be more expensive to run day-to-day compared to the Focus (if you disregard the Focus' £1700 combined repair bills over the last 8 months!!). Road tax will double, insurance will go up by about £150, and probably £10 more per week in petrol, but bugger it! As a very wise member on here informed me, "Life is not a rehearsal" ;) its a damn lovely car both to look at and to drive, and it gives me that "feel-good" factor. As long as it proves to be reliable I will be a very happy bunny.

And anyway, to compensate the extra cost, we are going to flog the Missus' Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi for a cheap-as-chips-to-run Yaris 1.0 or Mazda2 1.3

Back of the net! :D

Puttin women in there place eh :P haha you only live once so get somethin you'll actually bloodey enjoy! stuff the price if you can afford it then why the hell not live a little

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club