Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question Regarding New Ford Focus 2011 Due In March

kev2011

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, just joined.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. i have been considering getting a new ford focus 2011 model due in march 2011. Looking at some you tube videos and the ford promo video on there, it shows the ford focus with the touch screen display with the 4 corners in red, ghreen, yellow etc whci you touch to access certain menus etc. However, in the Ford brocheur none of the "Infotainment" radios give the impression they are the same thing and none show the picture of the 4 coloured areas in the 4 corners fo the screen and nor does it say it is touch screen so i'm a little confused.

have Ford now decided not to include this in the focus and have repalced it? I've been looking online at variosu reviews but not foudn any information.

The first video i saw, it was called the MyFord Touch and then i beleive it changed names to Ford Sync.

Many thanks for anyoen who can shed some light on this. I don't even see it as a optional extra :(

Thsi was the first thing that made me want to buy the car so i'm going to be gutted if they have decided not to proceed with it.....

Thanks again

Kevin

I believe that the adverts are filmed in America, where they seem to have seperate sound systems. Its likely that this is an expensive upgrade, or just isnt one of the standard ones they are going to be offering... I suppose the UK advertisements / Brochures will only advise of the highest standard spec, which may not be the touch sense stereo!

Hi,

Thaks for your reply...

Yeah i saw they were filmed in US but i was expecting them to say not comign to UK or whatever.... Also no options listed to upgrade to that MyFordTouch.... I saw one review here which indicates the system is coming to the Uk in March... which is when the focus is due out... http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/general/1282087/myford-touch-in-car-touchscreen-gets-european-launch

But still notign in the brochure so i'm guessing everyoen who has re-ordered isn't getting it and isnt' gonan be happy when they realise they could of had it but it wasnt' listed all seems rather odd ....

Thik i may wait a bti and see if it does come out or not....

Kevin

Hi down at Ford collage they did say this would be available but like yourself not seen much since. We just took delivery of about 10 today at our holding compound so will be getting them to us soon so ill see if any have it as they normally spec up launch models

hi,

ok great, thanks.

If its not, im wondering if it will be coming as a optioanl extra at a later date or just not be on the focus at all.... if it is coming, i'm tempted to hold off buying and wait for it... but I also dont want to wake forever lol.

many thanks, look forward to hearing from you shortly on if it's included in the any model or optional extra etc.

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back. Dam, so it wont be on the other models, just the ST. Thats a shame... not even as optional extras :(

What did you think of the cars you got delviered, was any titanium spec?

Many thanks

Kevin

It not going to be just on the ST. It's coming out at same time as the st. The two we have are both zetec with appearance pack. Look good. alloys are much nicer on the zetec than standard titanium alloys though which is strange. Getting rest of range up soon. Oh and estate will be out in about 5 months

Hi,

Thanks.

Yeah i saw in the brocher the titanium alloys didn't look as good.... and i saw in the preview brocher every picture was showing the optional 18" 5 spoke alloys i beleive.

ok so coould mean I have to wait till 2012 to get the Focus with the touch screen... bit of a drag... i signed up for 4 years of the Ford servicing plan on my current 2006 focus the toehr year, I have 3 years left. I was hoping to change to the new focus and get the service plan at the price I am paying for 3 years to get over the first major service which i have noticed with fords always seems to be rahter steep. First 2 years nto too bad, then 3 years and wham - it suddenly needs lost of stuff doing, even though i only average around 7-8k miles per year.

Thanks for info, be interesting to hear abotu the titanium when you get them in.. i'm still toying with shoudl i buy one now or wit till 2012 but then i'll get even less back for my car and when i buy the car wil be min of 3 years cos i'llbe getting a loan for the car and i'm expecting not able to buy one then....

Thaks again!

Kevin

To be honest if you buy now yeah your car will be worth more but dealers ain't looking a discounts on the focus. In 2012 there maybe more offers around so you balance could still be similar.

Just a thought

To be honest if you buy now yeah your car will be worth more but dealers ain't looking a discounts on the focus. In 2012 there maybe more offers around so you balance could still be similar.

Just a thought

Yer three years from now Volkswagen may have already brought out a new Golf that trumps the Focus. :D

Plus by the time three years have lapsed, maybe Ford will had cured the inevitable rust problems they build into all their earlier builds, but knowing Ford I doubt it. :rolleyes:

Lol. We get to test the VW Golf agaist the Focus on its launch and the Golf does not come anywhere close for quality or driving. The Focus is much much better, Then again VW will bring out a New Golf that drives a bit better than current Golf but with the same Basic bland interior as the current golf. VW Need to really step up there game even KIA is beating them (And some Fords) on Design

Hi,

Yeah, i think i'm gonna stick with my current car for another year and then look to switch to the new focus with the myford touch.

Strange how keyless entry isn't standard on the new model, even on the Titanium X, it appears to be on the current model.

Do you know if the satnav on the myford touch will include full postcode searches? VAG doesn't, it only does the first 4 letters of the psot code... very off as you can by one that you stick on the windowscreen for much less and does full pot code...

Many tanks for the information so far, very useful indeed :)

Kevin

I now work at vw and let me tell you the managers are sh***ing march when the mk3 comes out golf sales have pretty much dried up and the new special editions have nothing on and are majorly under powered 80ps in a golf is pathetic i drove the new twist edition on friday and got out tired and annoyed with it because it was so bloodey awful the GTD was quite nice but they cost silly money i have to admit the ford is the better car by a wide margin and thats coming from a salesman lol il probs get sacked now haha

Hi,

lol hope you dont get sacked :) Yeah i drove a S reg VW Golf TD GT PD or similar(?) good few years ago it was a S reg at at the time was about 2 or 3 years old. Wa company lease car, had liek 70+ k on the clock, drove it back from liverpool, 3dr car bright red. Was really nice car, thats when i started thiking i'd get a golf eventually.. but as time has gone on, i thought yeah Golf solid cars, galvanised body nice firm car but the inside doesnt' have any frills etc its kinda bland... he Ford cars alwyas have had quiet a nice interior, albeit some of the quality in some of the models over theyears hasn't been all that great but the more recent ones are improving... Th new focus (when ti has the myford touch) looks pretty good, the exterior i'm still kinda 50/50 on, overall loosk ok but the fron't i'm sjust nto sure on but i'm sure i'll warm to it.... I thk VW need to do somethign with there golf and certain make the sat nav full psot code.... but Audi are kinda the same too the A3 is nice otuside, bland inside.. no real thrills etc.. seems to be the way they work....

Anyone knwo if the stanav in the new focus will be full psot code? i realyl hope so.. especialyl when the MyFord Touch comes out - be daft to have touch screen and all this technology but still nto full psot code.....

I beleive Audi are bringin out a new A3 in 2012 so i'm wondering if that will take on the focus so to speak... and wondering if VW will bring otu a new model to compete too?

Kevin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club