Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blue Smoke On Start Up

james132

2005 Focus TDCi.

Noticed yesterday that there was the slightest of blue smoke for just perhaps 2/3 seconds when I started the car (mid day, was fine on run to work in morning) brung the revs up a little and it cleared. Stopped the car, Started it again.. No smoke what so ever.

Tried it again later that night and there was the slightest for about 1 to 2 seconds max.. Not happened since.

No loss in power, mpg is still averaging the same.

Is it something to worrie about seems its stopped now?

I was going to suggest it could be the valve stem seals that are worn, when the car has been sitting overnight oil runs into the cylinder and when you start it up you will see blue smoke for a second or two.

not so sure if your saying it has stopped now?

I was going to suggest it could be the valve stem seals that are worn, when the car has been sitting overnight oil runs into the cylinder and when you start it up you will see blue smoke for a second or two.

not so sure if your saying it has stopped now?

And thats exactly what I thaught when it first happened!

But now its stopped I dont think its anything like that...

• Like 1

Let me do some digging on another forum im on... someone else on there had the exact same problem... ill see what i can find!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club