Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Cruise Control ' Stutter'

tomo2001

Question for other Mk3 owners before I go to the dealers (with it being Sunday).

Just recently, which may coincide with the colder weather I have noticed a strange symptom with the cruise control.

When I have had the CC on and not intervened (accelerated, braked, switched on/off) for a reasonable distance it works fine. However when it then switches off following braking etc. and the car slows I sometimes feel what can best be described as a 'Stutter' or hesitation. It feels like what you would describe in a petrol car as a misfire ?? The car doesn't do it all the time.

Anyone else experienced this and know what it could possibly be. During normal driving the car behaves fine. This might be something that owners of earlier models have also had ?

Thanks.

Sorry mate I haven't had that problem I'll keep an eye out for it, but referring to your problem with it 'stuttering' I had a simalar problem last week in 5th and 6th I was doing only around 60 put the toe down on the exit of the corner and the revs would give a little blip as if it was short on traction, and then would start to pick up speed, but change down to 4th and no problem. I wouldn't of thought a 1.6 diesel would struggle for grip on the exit of a corner maybe the apex fair enough, anyone with the same problem or just a one of?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club