Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can You Replace Mk2 Rear Spoiler With Mk2.5 Spoiler?

GSM

Hi there.

I've got a Focus MK2 06, and it has the sort of grey plastic rear spoiler that doesn't cover the lights, the same as the one seen here:

ford_focus_tdci_rear.jpg

I'd like to replace it with the body-coloured rear spoiler that you usually see on the MK2.5 models, as seen here:

car_photo_247524_7.jpg

... just wondering if this is possible without too much work (i.e. is it the same fittings?), and interested to know if anyone else has done it?

I have seen a few MK2.5s that have the plastic spoiler too, so I gather from this that they must be interchangeable, but just thought I'd double check before buying one.

Cheers.

I have seen a few MK2.5s that have the plastic spoiler too, so I gather from this that they must be interchangeable, but just thought I'd double check before buying one.

Cheers.

Hi,

they are all the same fitment and use the same/current bolts to hold them in place,

i removed the standard black rear spoiler and fitted the ST one instead,

and the rear spoiler your after is on the zetec model and is the same rear spoiler that you have, only ford glue the panel to the top of it and thats the area that covers the lights.

i also recomment using some silicone around the bolts on the area between the rear spoiler and the boot lid.

to access the 7 bolts just remove the inside trim panel at the top of the rear window,

also slide out the black clip from either side of the spoiler and keep them for fitting the new spoiler then put them back in to place.

if you need pictures i can upload them later as im currently in work lol

Hi found this on the bay not sure if same colour as yours hard to make out in photo http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK4-mk3-rear-tailgate-spoiler-blue-2008-2011-/160761977204?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256e291974 juas fitted one on mine like leeny says easy ten min job looks nice with the later back lights as well they take a bit longer as they heve different bulb holders in so you have to splice into original wiring but easy enougth .

If you want to fit aST spoiler it will fit but the brake light is a different size and the wire connectors are different so just need to be sure to get an ST brake light as well.

All you'd have to do is splice the brake wires and no other modification needed.

Hi,

they are all the same fitment and use the same/current bolts to hold them in place,

i removed the standard black rear spoiler and fitted the ST one instead,

and the rear spoiler your after is on the zetec model and is the same rear spoiler that you have, only ford glue the panel to the top of it and thats the area that covers the lights.

i also recomment using some silicone around the bolts on the area between the rear spoiler and the boot lid.

to access the 7 bolts just remove the inside trim panel at the top of the rear window,

also slide out the black clip from either side of the spoiler and keep them for fitting the new spoiler then put them back in to place.

if you need pictures i can upload them later as im currently in work lol

I didn't realise it was just a glue on panel on top of the original spoiler... so it would probably be cheaper to get the panel than the buy and fit a whole new spoiler?

So you're looking at one like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-II-Rear-boot-spoiler-HB-2004-2008-NKTuning-/160664760277?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25685dafd5

Apparently it just sticks on top of the original one with window seal glue.

no rewiring needed as it's just a cap on top of the original spoiler.

Would be far easier and cheaper than fitting a true ST one.

Both would need painting anyway but this one would avoid removing the old one and having to reseal the bolt holes and rewiring the brake light too.

So you're looking at one like this?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item25685dafd5

Apparently it just sticks on top of the original one with window seal glue.

no rewiring needed as it's just a cap on top of the original spoiler.

Would be far easier and cheaper than fitting a true ST one.

Both would need painting anyway but this one would avoid removing the old one and having to reseal the bolt holes and rewiring the brake light too.

Nah, I don't really want the ST style one... just the one you get on the regular MK2.5 Zetecs.

But something like that which just goes over the top of the original would probably be preferable. There was this one on eBay yesterday which was perfect (even the right colour, panther black!), but I lost out on it in the last 5 seconds of bidding, as per usual:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251011553740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Isn't it always annoying the way that someone always snipes what you most want?

I'll post the guide when i fit it later....

Only joking, wasn't me :)

Thats the art of eBay dont show your hand to early if you want it be patient yes i am a sniper and good at it

Thats the art of ebay dont show your hand to early if you want it be patient yes i am a sniper and good at it

found a website selling ford rear spoilers and other equipment mate,

all started when i found this focus for sale on eBay with the ''Dolly Bird'' attached to the side of it,

finally managed to draw my eyes away from the focus and spotted the website on the side of it, so i typed it in to the PC and the first lot of products for sale i spotted was the rear spoilers that you are looking to purchase mate,

so here is a link to the site, their is also an english option

http://www.mattig.de/content/index.php?hersteller=8&typ=60&Itemid=1&aca_fahrzeugauswahlform=1&option=com_phpshop&page=shop.browse&category_id=&root=

and here is the images i was talking about lol

KGrHqZgwE8ML5zcwBPKoN5vhQ60_12.jpg

KGrHqNokE8YD1sj34BPKoNsEw60_12.jpg