Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Titanium X Drivers Seat Adjustment

Sal1986

Hi,

I am a new member here. I picked up my brand new Silver Ford Focus Titanium X yesterday. My partner test drove the car, he is 5ft 10in tall. I am only 5ft 3in, and I cannot reach the pedals comfortably without straining my leg. I usually drive with the seat quite forward, near the steering wheel. I have adjusted the seat as far forward as it would go with the power control buttons, but it is still not enough. Is there anything the dealer can do if I take it back to them?

My Wife is 5' 2" and with the seat forward and in the high position has no problem reaching , lifting the seat with the front switch to highiest position and then moving it forward allows plenty of adjustment.

The front Switch is four directional ,up,down , forward and back. Rear switch is to adjust the back of the seat.

Although my focus has manual seats, we find that raising the height also brings it forward a bit more.

Not a massive amount, but might be enough to make the difference for you.

Mrs Pitmonster is 4-feet-11-and-three-quarters while I am 6-feet-and-half-an-inch and we both fit perfectly.

Raising/lowering the seat does make a difference for us.

I'm going to take it back to the dealer tomorrow and try and get a manual seat...

I don't think changing it to a manual seat will make any difference, it will more than likely still sit on the same runners ? Plus you'd be losing one of the best features of the titanium x. It would be a sin lol. Can you not wear some clogs lol.

I wasn't suggesting you change to a manual seat, just suggesting that use of the height adjuster may help you.

Before choosing a Focus we had to try it out purely for the seating position. If Mrs PM couldn't use the clutch properly then it would have to be a different car.

The seat when using the height adjustmwnt as well would easily fit someone just under 5 foot.

As said above changing the seat to manual will make no difference.

I would hazard a guess you are not using the height adjustment and the forward together. Likeisaidthefrontswitch is four way directional. The only way you could not reach is if its faulty.

While I don't have a MK3 I do think the Focus has a great (full) range of movement that allows users of all shapes and sizes to drive comfortably.

With the seat fully forward it's pretty close to the wheel - plus by raising the seat it again moves the front edge of the seat even closer.

Others have stated that they have partners at around (or under) your height - I on the other hand am 6'7" and one of the reasons I went for the focus was due to the seating position and the fact I can drive it comfortably - unlike a lot of bigger cars / more prestigious brands.

I'd get them to check the seat before making any changes to manual seats - Ford should have a spec for the seat and an idea of the user range + anthropometric data.

Stu

Thank you for the replies everyone. We finally worked out how to move the seat forward. We were just pulling the switch up and down not actually forward. I'm really looking forward to driving it now, just wish it wasn't freezing out there.

Thank you for the replies everyone. We finally worked out how to move the seat forward. We were just pulling the switch up and down not actually forward. I'm really looking forward to driving it now, just wish it wasn't freezing out there.

Good news , i thought thats what was happening.

That's the failing of whoever sold you the vehicle, as it was new then they should have run through the adjustments of all of the controls when you came to collect the car. Of course there is also the manual ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club