19 replies to this topic

#16 GreyMack

GreyMack

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Sport 1.6

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

Thanks

Just fitted a new air filter the old one was black, hopefully that might improve my MPG all be it ever so slightly ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Slugsy

Slugsy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

i'd go with the black armrest. never thought to search for one of those. Miss mine out my leon cupra and wouldnt mind putting another in my focus!!

Hmmm if the air filter was that dirty then it might pay to replace to plugs too along with a nice drop of decent oil and oil filter. Maybe even change the fuel filter.

#18 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

i'd go with the black armrest. never thought to search for one of those. Miss mine out my leon cupra and wouldnt mind putting another in my focus!!

Hmmm if the air filter was that dirty then it might pay to replace to plugs too along with a nice drop of decent oil and oil filter. Maybe even change the fuel filter.

well im getting these http://vi.ebaydesc.c...v=msie&caz.html

and this http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3359e12a12

http://vi.ebaydesc.c...v=msie&caz.html
and for bulbs my mate has these and they are good

have to agree if the filter was that dirty a nice set of plugs and leads wont go amiss either really

#19 GreyMack

GreyMack

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Sport 1.6

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

I bought the car from arnold clark and was told it had received a g71 which is i think the most basic of services, maybe new oil and filter at best.

Slugsy your first link didn't work

#20 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

I bought the car from arnold clark and was told it had received a g71 which is i think the most basic of services, maybe new oil and filter at best.

Slugsy your first link didn't work

thats oil and filter change and a general check over basically better than nowt really at least the oil is done or should be check the dipstick should be nice and gold coloured get the plugs from ford that way youll get the right ones for it and they are actually cheaper than halfords for them same with leads the air filter wouldnt have been helping the breathing much so it would effect the mpg a bit best way to improve mpg is always to service the engine regularly i usually check my air filter every 4 months or so sometimes earlier and make sure the front wheels arent sticky sorry brakes quick jack up and spin them by hand and youll know should spin freely with no resistance as dragging brakes knock the mpg simple cheap and easy

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users