94 replies to this topic

#61 D4nz0

D4nz0

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

if its just the jack you're using.... just plug it in, turn stereo to aux, and press play on your phone.... there's nothing more to it, just like your car is a biiiig set of headphones.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 Zorg

Zorg

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Mandy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

Can u get a USB fitted in retrospect? How easy is it?

#63 hula89

hula89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: '09 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

I have the style which just has the aux in that square piece of trim. I wanted to know if anyone knows if its possible to swap that socket for one that is also usb like in some of the other fiestas?

Also does anyone else get popping at higher volumes through their aux unless their iphone volume is set really low?

One other thing. You can buy an ipod/iphone dock connector to 3.5mm connector on eBay and I wondered whether this allows you to control the ipod/iphone through the stereo if anyone has tried it?

#64 akakray

akakray

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

I just paired my iPhone up through Bluetooth and it plays wirelessly. Very impressed

#65 Tango-Fiesta

Tango-Fiesta

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Linzi
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Style+
  • Year: 2009

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:15 PM

Hi I've just brought a 3.5mm double ended jack to connect my iPod 4th gen through the aux although it works I was expecting to be able to change tracks through the steering wheel controls but I can't do this. I own the style+ model so is there any lead I can buy which enables this function? thanks.

#66 merlin

merlin

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCi

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

I have the style which just has the aux in that square piece of trim. I wanted to know if anyone knows if its possible to swap that socket for one that is also usb like in some of the other fiestas?

Also does anyone else get popping at higher volumes through their aux unless their iphone volume is set really low?

One other thing. You can buy an ipod/iphone dock connector to 3.5mm connector on eBay and I wondered whether this allows you to control the ipod/iphone through the stereo if anyone has tried it?

If you only have a aux socket in your car. You will only be able to adjust volume and skip thro tracks using steering wheel controls. No music data will show up on your car screen. Possibly when Ipod 5 software is released you may see data, if your car has bluetooth.

#67 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,596 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

If you only have a aux socket in your car. You will only be able to adjust volume and skip thro tracks using steering wheel controls. No music data will show up on your car screen. Possibly when Ipod 5 software is released you may see data, if your car has bluetooth.

Correction: Aux cable will only play sound - you cannot skip tracks. (Volume will work fine as that is controlled through the stereo) If you have Bluetooth you can play/skip music through that. I believe retrofitting USB may be possible as I'm sure I found a guide on a German forum, however can't find it now!

#68 stella123

stella123

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Stella
  • Ford Model: Explorer
  • Year: 2010

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

To the OP -

Thanks for posting great info

Edited by DanGull, 25 September 2011 - 06:35 PM.
Large quote of original post removed

#69 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

You're very welcome, it may be a tad out of date now with the new Sony audio system in lots of new Mk7s, but the basics should still be right.

Welcome to FOC - do us a favour and avoid quoting large pieces of text and images, it makes the reading experience of the forum a little awkward with all the scrolling. :D

#70 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

You're very welcome, it may be a tad out of date now with the new Sony audio system in lots of new Mk7s, but the basics should still be right.

Welcome to FOC - do us a favour and avoid quoting large pieces of text and images, it makes the reading experience of the forum a little awkward with all the scrolling. :D

Nothing has really changed with the Sony radio, same theory still applies. Just has the buttons in different places.

#71 Spud1y

Spud1y

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: P
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hello tis my first post and hope someone can assist.

I have just got myself a Fiesta (11plate) which has the USB and jack connectors. When trying to play my iPod on a selcted genre I can't shuffle it just plays one song, yet when I play all songs it will shuffle play.

#72 eyemdee

eyemdee

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Automatic

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hello tis my first post and hope someone can assist.

I have just got myself a Fiesta (11plate) which has the USB and jack connectors. When trying to play my iPod on a selcted genre I can't shuffle it just plays one song, yet when I play all songs it will shuffle play.

There is an upgrade available from the Ford Website here which can be downloaded to a USB stick and run in around 20 minutes. No guarantees that it will solve your problem but worth a try. The instructions are spot on as I just did mine and it completed in just over 15 minutes.

#73 Spud1y

Spud1y

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: P
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

I'll give that a go cheers for the info

#74 eyemdee

eyemdee

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Automatic

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'll give that a go cheers for the info

The Release notes are below:-

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

Supports the original Apple USB cable
Playback of music files via the USB stick
Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices
Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and Bluetooth audio
Compatibility of mobile phones
Display of phone book and call lists

#75 OfnPanad

OfnPanad

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium + dress up kit

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

The Release notes are below:-

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

Supports the original Apple USB cable
Playback of music files via the USB stick
Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices
Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and Bluetooth audio
Compatibility of mobile phones
Display of phone book and call lists

Hi all,

I have applied this update to my 2010/60 Fiesta Titanium and I noticed straight away although there are many improved functions with the radio - my reversing camera display in the rearview mirror showed a blank bright blue screen instead of the image from the camera for a couple of seconds. This happened twice and now I just get the blue screen and no image - it just turns off.

The reversing sensors work as I still get the beeps.

Anyone else have the camera and noticed any problems since this update?

I have the car booked in with Polar Ford on November 15th for this and a couple of other minor niggles.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users