Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Would it be ok to put the same plug back in or get a new one.

yeah if it looks ok then it should be fine. as i say ive used mine 3 times now and its not leaking yet.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

Is the o-ring the ring in the middle of the oil fliter just been looking at the oils on the asda web site and the smart price oil is super cheap but would you trust it.

yeah, you cannot miss it when you look at the filter.

personally i would never use oil that cheap, for a few quid more i would go for something a bit more tried and trusted.

is it the stuff at £14 for 5ltrs your looking at? changed more often it will probably be as good as

http://www.eurocarpa...03a805f03c

as you can see the black o-ring is quite hard to miss.

#18 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

personally i would never use oil that cheap, for a few quid more i would go for something a bit more tried and trusted.

Ok halfords have got some good read up on there oils. just been on the castrol web site typed in my reg and got this

http://www.castrol.c...ntentId=7044829

Were it says on the first line 3.3 capacity (LTR) that means what the engine holds don't it.

#19 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

yeah if it looks ok then it should be fine. as i say ive used mine 3 times now and its not leaking yet.

Good good maze well use the same plug then same some money.

#20 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Ok halfords have got some good read up on there oils. just been on the castrol web site typed in my reg and got this

http://www.castrol.c...ntentId=7044829

Were it says on the first line 3.3 capacity (LTR) that means what the engine holds don't it.

it just coming up with the enter reg page for me but yes the 3.3ltr will be your engine and filter capacity combined

#21 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

is it the stuff at 14 for 5ltrs your looking at? changed more often it will probably be as good as

http://www.eurocarpa...03a805f03c

as you can see the black o-ring is quite hard to miss.

Is carlube oil any good iam sure ive used carlube before on my 1992 clio and i found it ok its cheap has well.

#22 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:58 AM

Is carlube oil any good iam sure ive used carlube before on my 1992 clio and i found it ok its cheap has well.

i dare say it will meet all the standards in order to sell on the shelf as whatever the label says, but im sure ive used it in the past also. cant say ive heard or know anything bad about it B)

some people say there is no point in spending money on top class oils, changing the oil regularly is what counts and to a certain extent i do agree.

#23 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

i dare say it will meet all the standards in order to sell on the shelf as whatever the label says, but im sure ive used it in the past also. cant say ive heard or know anything bad about it B)

some people say there is no point in spending money on top class oils, changing the oil regularly is what counts and to a certain extent i do agree.

Ive priced castrol and they are pricey they meet all of fords standars but i don't want to be paying out loads on all the gear when i can get a oil and fliter change done for 30 LOL.

#24 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

Ive priced castrol and they are pricey they meet all of fords standars but i don't want to be paying out loads on all the gear when i can get a oil and fliter change done for £30 LOL.

check out the eurocarparts website, they do 5 litres of 5w/30 an oil filter for your car at a very good price i would say. i think they might be free delivery too
other than that all you need is a drain pan, even a 5litre bottle with the side cut off will do and a filter wrench.

£16.76 you can have the oil and filter at your door for :)

#25 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

i would give that oil at 14 for 5litres a go, you should be able to pick a filter up for about 4.
other than that all you need is a drain pan, even a 5litre bottle with the side cut off will do and a filter wrench.

For 5 litres for 14 thats a bargin when ive had oil changes done in the past and ive gone to check my oil to see if its needs topping up not once have i had to top it up lol ive had a bottle of oil for about 2 years nearly lol another thing i would like to point outside my house it not exsacliy level but not on a big slope if you get what i mean does this matter it is level but when i take my foot of the brake my car does roll back a tiny bit but not that much.

#26 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

For 5 litres for 14 thats a bargin when ive had oil changes done in the past and ive gone to check my oil to see if its needs topping up not once have i had to top it up lol ive had a bottle of oil for about 2 years nearly lol another thing i would like to point outside my house it not exsacliy level but not on a big slope if you get what i mean does this matter it is level but when i take my foot of the brake my car does roll back a tiny bit but not that much.

ha, swap you - mine needs topping up half a litre every week nearly. i do 400 miles a week so i suppose its not that bad and its not getting any worse so f*ck it lol. looking to get a new car soon anyway.

it is quite important that you do the oil on a level surface, if its a tiny amount i wouldnt worry but if it is a bit of a slope then personally i would get the jack and axle stands out and level it.

#27 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:22 AM

ha, swap you - mine needs topping up half a litre every week nearly. i do 400 miles a week so i suppose its not that bad and its not getting any worse so f*ck it lol. looking to get a new car soon anyway.

it is quite important that you do the oil on a level surface, if its a tiny amount i wouldnt worry but if it is a bit of a slope then personally i would get the jack and axle stands out and level it.

Its not a big slope no lol its only a tiny one my car rolls back a tiny bit then stops by it self.

#28 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

Its not a big slope no lol its only a tiny one my car rolls back a tiny bit then stops by it self.

i wouldnt worry then, the bit where i do my car is like that too. although i emptied the boot of my car one day and stupidly put the spare wheel on the ground standing up. i turned round a minute later, where the f%ck has my wheel went? it had rolled down the hill lmao :lol: dafty.

from eurocarparts - 16.76 you can have the oil and filter at your door

#29 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:29 AM

i wouldnt worry then, the bit where i do my car is like that too. although i emptied the boot of my car one day and stupidly put the spare wheel on the ground standing up. i turned round a minute later, where the f%ck has my wheel went? it had rolled down the hill lmao :lol: dafty.

from eurocarparts - 16.76 you can have the oil and filter at your door

Lol iam just looking on there site now looking for a oil fliter wrench can't seem to find one tho must of mit tho its a cheap site for car parts dont u think.

#30 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,024 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:37 AM

Lol iam just looking on there site now looking for a oil fliter wrench can't seem to find one tho must of mit tho its a cheap site for car parts dont u think.

yeah, eurocarparts are brilliant. if they havent got what your looking for they can usually get it for you next day.

this is similar to what i use most of the time - http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item20b08af3d7

if you want to save a few quid on that, you could always stick a screwdriver through the filter, not recommended though :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users