Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Belt Bleep - How Can You Switch It Off?

kabz77

not to sounds like a broken record, but why would anyone not want to wear a seatbelt, they aren't uncomfortable I always wear one and think it would be stupid anyone who doesn't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Q6aAs2PG8&feature=player_embedded

This shows you what happens when another car hits you

That Video is actually really good, it genuinely made me tense up and brace for a crash... haha

Joining in with everyone else though, even if i'm moving my car off, then back onto my driveway so that another one of the family's cars can get off, I put my seatbelt on. It feels weird to even get into my car without putting my seatbelt on.

It's not just that either, if the police were passing down my street and caught me without it on, even though i was only briefly in my car, it's a complete waste of money for something that take 2 seconds.

The only time I don't use mine is when just swapping cars on the drive, but technically that's not illegal (as long as the manoeuvre involves reversing which it always does).

It's frightening what risks people put themselves through.

I remember when I was a kid, in the early 70's and my uncle bought a Dolomite Sprint, he used to take me out and I used to sit on the edge of the front seat and lean with both my arms on the dash so I could see out properly, no seat belt of course (wasn't the law then). When you think back then, it was probably a rare sight to see anyone wearing a belt. Crazy.

To be honest I didn't even realise it made a warning noise, I have never driven off without it.

As most of you probably know, it's not yourself you have to worry about. It's the feking idiots who are somehow given a license you NEED to think about.

Stay safe, wear YOUR seatbelt :)

I think it is yourself that you have to worry about... along with everyone else as well. Which makes it all the more stupid to drive without a seatbelt.

• 8 years later...
On 1/7/2011 at 2:56 PM, kabz77 said:

Please note, I know its reckless of me to not wear the seat belt but I'm of the thinking when I'm doing local driving at 20/30mph not wearing the seat belt isn't a big deal

The police will not agree with you on that one.

• Like 2

Bit of a necro bump but totally agree.
I heartily hate seeing people not belted up.
Seen too many nasty injuries and head shaped holes in windscreens when attending rtc.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)