Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ben... - Panther Black Mk7 Zetec S Tdci

Ben...

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Fasteners-Fixings/Fixings-PCB-Pillars/Door-retaining-catch/64772

No araldite goes tacky before it dries whereas superglue is either runny or dry

Araldite also has a bit more play in it

This is what i would recommend, up to you though

I have seen a few leather interiors from the mk7 come up on ebay, maybe keep an eye out for a full interior. You could always trim the padded bit on the door card?????

Ye I nearly got a set with the red stitching for about £300

A lot of money though and that was a cheap price

I will wait to see what I do with the seats before I do anything with door cards

what the hell was i doing wrong?! lol thanks guys

Last one, is this stuff ok? http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Service-Aids/Adhesives/Instant-clear/77508/kw/Araldite

Wasn't sure if the 'instant' feature is exactly what we're not looking for in this situation

I'd get this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Araldite-Rapid-sets-minutes-Pack/dp/B003MWDRIK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1298538748&sr=1-3 .

My experience of the syringe ones isn't great

I used the syringe first and it came off. But with the separate tubes its been fine for months

Nice.

Thanks Ben :)

Hmmmmmmm, I dont like it at all, The outside mods, yep there not to bad, colour coding the wheels and trims is ok as the colour is not offensive, But the interior!!!!!!!! it is god awful, I take it you can and would but it back to standard if you were to sell it as I dont think many people that would buy that. the Fez with the yellow trim is tastefully done. Im sorry I think it looks tacky but that is just my opinion. Its your car and if you like it that's all that matters and I cant fought you hard work.

For the benefit of mikester

thanks ben, that will help no end :)

you got 2 of the push pins on or you just put it on the right hand side only?

...And yes I'd love to get my seats reupholstered. But I neither have the skill or equipment required.. I'm a toolmaker. So metalwork not fabric. And paying someone else to do it is rediculous money.

Ben, upholstering is no different from any other skill - if you're willing to put enough time, thought and patience in to a project then you can do most things. And it certainly doesn't look as if you're lacking in either of those three attributes.

I reckon you've enough skill to give it a bash.

Ben, upholstering is no different from any other skill - if you're willing to put enough time, thought and patience in to a project then you can do most things. And it certainly doesn't look as if you're lacking in either of those three attributes.

I reckon you've enough skill to give it a bash.

Ye I'd love to do it myself, but the thing that was worrying about is I want red stitching and I want it NEAT lol

Hi Ben,

Excellent work.

Where did you get your armrest from? I want one for my MK7. :P

Thanks

Cheers!

Search eBay.. Armster Fiesta 2008-

ClimAir Wind Deflectors

Courtesy of 'fryboi'

0fc6e727.jpg

4e3de184.jpg

Need to tint the front windows slightly

I really like your alloy colour choice, i was thinking of getting roughly the same colour myself.

Do you have a photo a bit more zoomed out showing the alloys?

cheers ben. You've got my heart set on that colour now lol

fryboi

looking really good mate. top job !

Fiesta mk7 1.4 zetec Lowered 50mm on H&R springs, K&N induction kit, sub woofer and amped upgraded speakers, stealth shelf, 5000k HID's, gloss black team dynamics 17" alloys, red and black DMB gel overlays, rear tints, sunglasses holder, ClimAir tinted wind deflectors.

:P

looks really nice in the daylight....not too sure on the swade though and black leather interior. maybe look into changing the colour of the dashboard so it fits in with the rest of the cars colour.

I know im asking a lot of questions but im a noob when it comes to modifying cars. How hard is it to take the rear diffuser and the plastic around the fog lights off for spraying?

Are those pictures from cheddar gorge? 2 and 3 look very much so!

I know im asking a lot of questions but im a noob when it comes to modifying cars. How hard is it to take the rear diffuser and the plastic around the fog lights off for spraying?

No worries mate

They are quite easy, just time consuming

To get the rear diffuser off;

I jacked the car up so could get and see underneath

Disconnected the 2 parking sensors from the diffuser

Drilled out the 2 rivets from underneath, 1 at each side of the car

Removed 4 of those annoying plastic clips (like the ones you have to take off the front bumper to get the headlight out)

Then the rest just unclips (you just have to man up and pull lol)

To get the foglight surrounds off;

Took the headlight out

Removed one bolt out of the foglight and then just push the foglight out

(one side you might need to unbolt the horn briefly)

Are those pictures from cheddar gorge? 2 and 3 look very much so!

Yer went there last week with ZSOC.. 87 cars!

:P

haha. it should be

Fiesta mk7 1.4 zetec Lowered 50mm on H&R springs, K&N induction kit, sub woofer and amped upgraded Speakers, stealth shelf, 5000k HID's, gloss black team dynamics 17" alloys, red and black DMB gel overlays, rear tints, sunglasses holder, ClimAir tinted wind deflectors.

:(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club