Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ben... - Panther Black Mk7 Zetec S Tdci

Ben...

Yes a little bit, but once you have got used to it you don't really notice it, just adjust how you access the handbrake

Yes quite a lot.

Don't be afraid to yank it open, just don't scratch the stereo fascia when forcing it open with whatever you decide to use

Yes it is glued, I used Araldite. DON'T USE THE SYRINGE ONE

Thanks. I've now opened it (using a cloth covered screwdriver !) to look and I am puzzled as to why Ford hid this compartment away behind a hinged cover without making proper access as you have done. OK so a small cost might be involved (but I think not) but it is a properly finished compartment, not something that is there by accident. They could even have finished it with no cover at all for simply another cubby hole. I wonder if this is how it was intended originally and someone decided to cover it for aesthetic reasons ?

Thanks!

Nope not seen anyone with a vision blue interior.. I do think it would look really goo though

I've only seen mine painted black and then a couple painted white

I don't know the rear speaker size.. I do know how to get to them though (If it's a 3 door)

That whole rear section seems to be held in place by those extended lugs with metal catches on that Ford use to keep most of the plastic trim on in the car

I would suggest getting a torch out though and locating each catch before pulling

The new Focus RS? I was looking at some replicas for that.. But they seemed very cheap and I was worried about the quality of them, as cheap alloys normally aren't great

I am going to give the blue a bash I think it will go well as the dash is a blue colour,

Yeah it is the 3-door

I will try and take some photos when I get them off

The RS wheels are actually good quality.

My dad got a set for his transit connect van and they have been fine and carrying weight :)

So in a lightweight car the would be fine.

I have the wheels you have on mine and I'm not really a fan of them they are a bit small and don't fill the arch that well.

People have recomended a lower but there are alot of speed bumps where I live and I dont want to take the front off :(

I seen them on eBay and the seemed like a good deal

Yes it is glued, I used Araldite. DON'T USE THE SYRINGE ONE

I'm a big fan of Araldite, used it hundreds of times without failure. Why not the dual syringe dispenser type ? I dispense resin & hardener on a piece of card to mix and then apply. I assume you only have a catch on one side of the cover ?

I used the syringe one twice to start with and after a couple of days it snapped off both times. Then used the separate tubes. And has been on about a year now

• 2 weeks later...

Summer Protection

Products used:

'Tom' :lol:

(Cheers Mate! Great Help!)

Wheels

Valet Pro - PH Neutral snow foam

Bilberry Wheel Cleaner

Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner

Various Sized detailing Brushes

Autoglym Tar & Bug Remover

Meguiars Smooth Surface clay Kit

Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Meguiars Foam Pad

Car

Valet Pro - PH Neutral snow foam

2 Buckets

Meguiars Lambs Wool Mitt

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

Large microfibre Drying Towel

Meguiars Smooth Surface clay Kit

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Dodo Juice Purple Haze

Meguiars Foam Pads

Autoglym Fast Glass

Calipers

Wire Brush

Emery Roll

LO30 Low Odour Solvent

1/2" Paint Brush

Hammerite Smooth Red

3 Coats

Drums

Wire Brush

Emery Roll

LO30 Low Odour Solvent

Masking Tape

3/4" Paint Brush

Hammerite Hammered Black

2 Coats

The Equipment ;)

78b64d2f.jpg

Calipers

55937453.jpg

a291f00f.jpg

462764f5.jpg

f9afdf0b.jpg

Even your trousers have the black/red theme going on :P

The painted plastics and matching alloys look really good mate.

Can I ask, when you were applying the Ford gel overlays, how long did you heat them up for? And did you just use a hair dryer or something? - Just the overlays on my all 4 of my wheels started to peel off on one side, so I had to remove them encase they came off when I was driving.

Cheers

Paul.

Cheers Paul

Just heated them with a hairdryer until they were flimsy

Same thing happened to me. I just glued the wheel badges on in the end

Cheers Paul

Just heated them with a hairdryer until they were flimsy

Same thing happened to me. I just glued the wheel badges on in the end

ah right, glad I wasn't the only one - you use any particular type of glue, quick drying/water proof maybe?

Must admit I do admire the job you've done - regardless of if it my taste. Particularly to time and effort. People buy new houses and immediately make changes / decorate etc - so why not the same with a car?

It's yours do what you like with it!

I bought an Armster for my 60 reg Zetec S that I collected today - that's as far as my mods will go though!!

Hi ben i like what you do to your car mat and i like your spare wheel clamp that you made to lock the 16" alloy in place you should sale them mate

Hi Ben, thought I would add my, er, thoughts! :P

First off, put your body away man, your looking disgustingly thin compared to me!! haha, now your car....

I frigging LOVE the black painted plastic trim in the interior, looks stunning! The wheels look cool, the roof lining - tough one that as in the photos it looks really messy and horrible but you know it isn't so it's hard to judge it?

A VERY neat little idea with that cubby hole, may have to do it myself, and a very clever installation of the sunglasses holder too. Nice one mate. The leather looks good also. What you have done to the outside I can't tell I'm afraid, again due to your photos I guess?

So I like your car, you've done lots of really nice little touches and then overhauled the interior, it looks really smart. Are you going to change the body work at all? I don't like the sun visors though? just looks a bit OTT?

Anyway keep it up mate. Great thread.

Can I ask, when you were applying the Ford gel overlays, how long did you heat them up for? And did you just use a hair dryer or something? - Just the overlays on my all 4 of my wheels started to peel off on one side, so I had to remove them encase they came off when I was driving.

I put mine on while it was cold, so sat them on the radiator for a few minutes, doing one at a time, not had any trouble!

Hi Ben, thought I would add my, er, thoughts! :P

First off, put your body away man, your looking disgustingly thin compared to me!! haha, now your car....

I frigging LOVE the black painted plastic trim in the interior, looks stunning! The wheels look cool, the roof lining - tough one that as in the photos it looks really messy and horrible but you know it isn't so it's hard to judge it?

A VERY neat little idea with that cubby hole, may have to do it myself, and a very clever installation of the sunglasses holder too. Nice one mate. The leather looks good also. What you have done to the outside I can't tell I'm afraid, again due to your photos I guess?

So I like your car, you've done lots of really nice little touches and then overhauled the interior, it looks really smart. Are you going to change the body work at all? I don't like the sun visors though? just looks a bit OTT?

Anyway keep it up mate. Great thread.

Haha it got very got polishing then waxing, plus the sun was out.

I'm very happy with the panther black interior. I'm going to redo the headlining as I used 2 different glues. And one hasn't worked as well as the other.

I didnt really know what to do with the sun visors. But as I said with the roof. It looks better in real life.

I've now decided I dont like the leather pillars. So that is my next project.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club