stellaartios

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name: colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Fitted mine after collecting today , took me under 5 mins lol , just 1 question , the very front part at the bottom by the mirror , does the plastic sit ontop or behind the top of the door chrome part , mine is inside , but i am sure your pics show them sitting on the top of the door trim , i also fitted the whole deflector inside the window strip , therefore window glass actually contacts the plastic when closed , is this correct.

Mine do not say sport on them , just climair

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,825 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

If you're referring to the very bottom of the deflector, yes it sits on top of the rubber trim.
There's usually a clear anti wear patch stuck over the bottom so as not to damage the rubber.
The main unit sits fully into the window channel.

#63 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

The closest bit to the mirror sits outside the car so to speak, hangs over the chrome bit.

Also you're saying it is touching the window? The window should sit side by side with the deflector. There is a lip on the wind deflector that sits in the channel, you'll know if its fitted right as it looks like the wind deflector is part of the car

#64 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,825 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

If the bottom is pushed in too far it will get caught by the window when it is closed and cause damage.

#65 andyedge

andyedge

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Panther Black Fiesta Metal 2012

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

I have had my Climair dark tint deflectors fitted for a few days now. Although I think they look good I have found a few issues.

There is now more rattle & vibration from the passenger side door from heavy bass when my stereo is on fairly loud, this is with the window fully closed.
When I have the driver's side window open to just below the level of the deflector then the deflector itself rattles a bit at high speed, this stops if I close or lower the window.
Also, from a practical point of view, I find that they impair my vision slightly when approaching roundabouts & I have to move my head to look under the deflector to see oncoming traffic from the right. Suppose I just have to get used to this.

Anyone else have these issues?

I will re-adjust them at the weekend to try & solve the rattling.

#66 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

I definately agree with the vision - it takes a few days to get used to and it's also harder when you do drive throughs :P as for the rattle I don't get any of that - even at motorway speeds. Although I do get a squeak sometimes when I put the window up and it's cold

#67 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,630 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

If it rattles it indicates it's not fitted properly. At the bottom where it meets the window seal is it sitting on top of, or inside of it?

#68 andyedge

andyedge

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Panther Black Fiesta Metal 2012

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

If it rattles it indicates it's not fitted properly. At the bottom where it meets the window seal is it sitting on top of, or inside of it?

Definitely on top per the instructions. Both windows seem to close fully as well.
Nvm, I'll have a play with them this weekend.

#69 ManxKat

ManxKat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Name: Kerry
  • Ford Model: Focus ST3
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

These look sweet Marc! Someone suggested these to me 'cause I like having the window open but the noise does my head in, but I didn't like the idea - I always thought they were old man looking!! :unsure: But after seeing yours and Tato's pics I think they look great. I have a Mk 6 though so not sure if they will look as good but I am defo gonna look into it :D

#70 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

These look sweet Marc! Someone suggested these to me 'cause I like having the window open but the noise does my head in, but I didn't like the idea - I always thought they were old man looking!! :unsure: But after seeing yours and Tato's pics I think they look great. I have a Mk 6 though so not sure if they will look as good but I am defo gonna look into it :D

aha thanks :D i was a bit weary of them before buying to. A few people said they were for oldies :P and like the massive ones you get on Shoguns. But i went with my gut and bought them, So glad I did! I'd defo say you should get them!! They look just as good on a mk6! I'd recommend them

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not looking like these:

Posted Image

#71 ManxKat

ManxKat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Name: Kerry
  • Ford Model: Focus ST3
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

Cheers Marc they look smart. Will probably struggle to fit them because I am a girl!

#72 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Cheers Marc they look smart. Will probably struggle to fit them because I am a girl!

No worries, it's really simple to fit them, there's just the little heart in your mouth moment when you have to bend them a bit, just kept thinking to myself they're not supposed to bend this much and imagined them snapping but they didn't :) all in the mind

#73 Mikemp3

Mikemp3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST 180

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Has anyone fitted these to a MK7 with folding mirrors ?. As the mirrors fold in quite close to the window frame and looks like it may come in contact with a deflector if fitted. ???
Was thinking of buying a set for the wife's car.

#74 jmbrown91

jmbrown91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 EcoBoost

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Has anyone fitted these to a MK7 with folding mirrors ?. As the mirrors fold in quite close to the window frame and looks like it may come in contact with a deflector if fitted. ???
Was thinking of buying a set for the wife's car.

I thought they may touch when folded but once fitted to my Titanium they're fine - plenty of room

#75 Mikemp3

Mikemp3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST 180

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I thought they may touch when folded but once fitted to my Titanium they're fine - plenty of room

Thanks mate. Was going to take one off my car and try it on the wife's car but mine have bedded in now and did'nt want to mess mine up. 😏

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wind Deflectors, Fiesta, S1600, Mk7, Windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users