Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Really pleased with the quality of the DAB even when living in a moderate signal aera. Sony head unit is great, still fiddling with functions.
You may be able to see that I've bought a micro USB stick (16gb) to store music on (middle of right hand side of the head unit.) This works perfectly and displays track and album data on screen.

Are you selling the 6000CD and did your 6000CD have bluetooth connected ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#167 Rh1no

Rh1no

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Name: Rhino
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 115
  • Year: 2014

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Rh1no, did you use 3M DiNoc to wrap your bonnet lip?

Just standard carbon wrap from ebay mate.

#168 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Here is the exhaust I bought, hoping to find somewhere reasonable to put it on for me:

Posted Image

Any update on the exhaust mate?
If you can get under their, have a look to see if the existing end section leeding from the rear silencer is a sleeve fitment too.
If it is; then get a pliers and remove the rubber exhaust mount from the bracket and slide off the pipe from the rear silencer
Then slide on your new section and re-fit the rubber exhaust mount to the new bracket.

#169 dt7

dt7

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Are you selling the 6000CD and did your 6000CD have bluetooth connected ?

Hadn't thought about selling it. Just hadn't occurred. It did have phoning by bluetooth, ubs/ipod use and voice control in the car. Have just boxed it up. Of course it has security code with it.

#170 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hadn't thought about selling it. Just hadn't occurred. It did have phoning by bluetooth, ubs/ipod use and voice control in the car. Have just boxed it up. Of course it has security code with it.

Just to inform you mate the bluetooth module from your 6000CD is fitted above your glove box, if you wanted to remove it.
But id be interested to purchase your 6000CD stereo in january for 60pounds including shipping. If you were interested in selling.
Ive currently got a sony fitted and its from a 2007 focus so its not compatable with my 2008-2010 bluetooth,Aux or voice control
Also if you ship via GLS/Parcel force they charge shipping based on the size of the parcel not the weight of the parcel,
Log on to GLS website to find your local parcel shop.

#171 dt7

dt7

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Just to inform you mate the bluetooth module from your 6000CD is fitted above your glove box, if you wanted to remove it.
But id be interested to purchase your 6000CD stereo in january for 60pounds including shipping. If you were interested in selling.
Ive currently got a sony fitted and its from a 2007 focus so its not compatable with my 2008-2010 bluetooth,Aux or voice control
Also if you ship via GLS/Parcel force they charge shipping based on the size of the parcel not the weight of the parcel,
Log on to GLS website to find your local parcel shop.

Sorry for the delay in replying Lenny, been away over Christmas and spent it away from any technology to unwind totally.

Thanks for your kind offer, but I think I will keep the head unit and swap back in, if and when, I sell the car on. If I do have a change of mind I will let you know. Cheers

#172 Pete80

Pete80

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 261 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo Titanium X
  • Year: 2007

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Your cars coming on nicely mate, love the carbon trim :)

#173 Rh1no

Rh1no

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Your cars coming on nicely mate, love the carbon trim :)

Thanks mate.

Replacement number plate bulb holders ordered, which will be used alongside some cree 501 bulbs for the number plate lighting.

Then it's MOT time (known issues being wheel damage and headlight alignement problem) which may prove costly :(

#174 Rh1no

Rh1no

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just a few pictures from the other evening, edited by a friend who knows his stuff with the old Photoshop:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MOT time this week, not looking forward to it as known issues at the moment include damage to one (possibly two) wheels, and also the garage not being able to align the headlights correctly, so will have to see what the score is. As soon as it's through the MOT, the private plate will be going on along with the twin exhaust tip which will be located on the left side of the diffuser.

#175 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Them are some sexy photos mate

How did you say you got the wheel damage again?

#176 Rh1no

Rh1no

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Wheels bought off eBay mate, no previous owners couldn't drive by the looks of it! Lol

#177 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

So you bought em already damaged? Blimey thats harsh mate. I know it took you ages to track all 4 down as well

#178 Rh1no

Rh1no

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

One of those things I guess!

Got the replacement number plate bulb holders from Ford Parts UK. Needing to source some decent number plate bulbs to stick in them, any other mods are being put on the backburner until I have a few things sorted.

#179 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

One of those things I guess!

Got the replacement number plate bulb holders from Ford Parts UK. Needing to source some decent number plate bulbs to stick in them, any other mods are being put on the backburner until I have a few things sorted.

If you don't mind me asking mate; how much did the reg plate bulb housings cost and what is the part number?
I'm on my third set due to the clips bending too far outwards when attempting to remove them for bulb change.
I'm now reverting back to stock reg plate bulbs because the canbus led type keep blowing or prior to blowing flash like strobes lol
And being such a difficult one to replace, I'll stick with standard bulbs in this fitment.
But encase I break the housing again it would be nice to know the part number and purchase a spare one.

#180 Rh1no

Rh1no

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

If you don't mind me asking mate; how much did the reg plate bulb housings cost and what is the part number?
I'm on my third set due to the clips bending too far outwards when attempting to remove them for bulb change.
I'm now reverting back to stock reg plate bulbs because the canbus led type keep blowing or prior to blowing flash like strobes lol
And being such a difficult one to replace, I'll stick with standard bulbs in this fitment.
But encase I break the housing again it would be nice to know the part number and purchase a spare one.

Part Number 5105886 @ £9 each from Ford Parts UK mate.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users