Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,381 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Oh my bad lol thought you meant custom viper stripes some reason.

Yup I reckon if you contacted DMB they may be able to design you a custom overlay mate made to order. What did you have in mind exactly?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Name: M
  • Ford Model: FOCUS 2.0 TITANIUM/ST REPLICA
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hi all i as you all no my car is a st replica but i have decided to make it into a facelift st as i came across a good deal. Im swaping my front st bumper with a facelift st bumper with the lower grill just need the upper grill and i brought facelift side panels both panels of ebay £40 as the panels have no indicator on as its facelift model im gona buy some st badges that i can put on the wings. I also brought the facelift headlight with R8 DRL built in light with LED indictor built in cheapest i found on ebay for this light is £329.99 but i was so lucky i just payed £130 for the light of a guy (Private seller) on ebay brand new never used with manual.all i need is a bonnet and wing mirrors with indicator.cant wait i wont do the build till after winter as i need to the parts painted and dont want the winter salt and snow to damage the paintwork. I will upload pic as soon as i recive the parts but here is a pic of the light i brought its the actual light i brought.

Attached Thumbnails

• $(KGrHqF,!rkFBCwu(Yl4BQW19g8C7Q~~60_121.jpg

#48 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,059 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Moy you had some very good deals there , it's going to look real nice when it's done

#49 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,733 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

its a good idea but ide speak to the insurance first before you go ahead as its a big change cosmetically personally you should be proud to have a mk2 but its personal choice

#50 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

thanks preee cant wait insurance wont be a problem as its still origanl ford parts basicly il be paying £55 a month for insurance fully comp with breakdown cover as the insurance company deal with modified cars.

#51 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

i just need to look for a bonnet and wing mirrors i got time to find the parts as i wont be doing nothing to the car till after winter basicly after the snow is over if it snows this yea.il end up selling my standerd wings,bonnet and headlight when im ready and dont need them anymore. quick question the headlight are they plug and play or are the connection different for the facelift headlight to my connection.

#52 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

was wondering if anyone got a spare standered front bumper as i need one so i can drive the car while the st bumper is off the car.

#53 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I have recived both front wings and the headlight i will take pic tommorow and upload it. I will check if the connections are all the same tommorow and if it is il conect 1 headlight and take pic of it for you to see.

#54 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thought il upload pic of the lights the panels are in the gargae bit hard to get to so no pic of the panels yet.Does anyone no what the black little box is for on the pic. Also whats the 4 black strip for it came with the lights.There is only one plug on it which is a grey plug with 7 pins i think hope it plug n play.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3925.JPG
  • IMG_3926.JPG
  • IMG_3927.JPG
  • IMG_3928.JPG
  • IMG_3929.JPG
  • IMG_3930.JPG
  • IMG_3931.JPG

#55 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,432 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Black box is a voltage adaptor for your drls
And the four stick clips fit to the bottom of each headlight to grip the sub frame of the car where the screw goes in the top of the sub frame.
Two plastic clips grip from the bottom too.

#56 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Black box is a voltage adaptor for your drls
And the four stick clips fit to the bottom of each headlight to grip the sub frame of the car where the screw goes in the top of the sub frame.
Two plastic clips grip from the bottom too.

Thanks for the reply i had a feeling thats what it was but wanted to double check. I just hope it plug and play im waiting for my mate who got my toolbox then il take the light off and have a look. I have 6000k hid on the car i can use that on the new lights cant i ? i no you meant to have washers and self adjusting lights but i dont have clue how or if you could add those to the car or not.

#57 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Connector plug looks the right shape anyway. I think yours being a Titanium spec might have 10pin plugs on the car though. I know mine does and has the wiring for levelling of adaptive projectors or xenons. Should be ok anyway.

Bit off topic here mate, but have you ever looked into the guide for adding an auxiliary 12V socket to the boot? I'm having trouble with mine that nobody else has come across, so was wondering if maybe you'd had a look yet with your car being a Titanium spec like mine. See the link below if you get a chance...

http://www.fordowner...25/page__st__60

#58 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Connector plug looks the right shape anyway. I think yours being a Titanium spec might have 10pin plugs on the car though. I know mine does and has the wiring for levelling of adaptive projectors or xenons. Should be ok anyway.

Bit off topic here mate, but have you ever looked into the guide for adding an auxiliary 12V socket to the boot? I'm having trouble with mine that nobody else has come across, so was wondering if maybe you'd had a look yet with your car being a Titanium spec like mine. See the link below if you get a chance...

http://www.fordowner...25/page__st__60

My car has 7 pins i already connected the light to see if it work and it does im waiting for it to get dark outside and il take some pic n upload it.You mentioned yourcar has the wires for leveling projectors which wires are they.
I havent looked for the 12v socket as im not thinking of doining anything with it. what exactly do you want me to check for if you tell me il have a look when i can.

#59 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Nah you're ok mate in that case. It's a matter of removing boot trim and stuff so no need unless you were gonna anyway. The trim removal instructions and pics are in the guide I linked to above so only if you ever get bored and take a look!

Seems most people have a 12V live plug already wired in the boot, so use it to put an extra socket back there. But I don't seem to have one so was just wonderin if you're Titanium was the same.

#60 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Nah you're ok mate in that case. It's a matter of removing boot trim and stuff so no need unless you were gonna anyway. The trim removal instructions and pics are in the guide I linked to above so only if you ever get bored and take a look!

Seems most people have a 12V live plug already wired in the boot, so use it to put an extra socket back there. But I don't seem to have one so was just wonderin if you're Titanium was the same.

In that case il leave it as dont realy wana remove the trim but if i ever do il send you a private message.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users