Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,822 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Found this one looks like the one you guys were using cheaper then the 200 ones but cant beat the 16 one

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3375e739ff

That looks half decent.
You just know the instructions will be in poorly translated English though.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Mathrin

Mathrin

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
  • Year: 2012

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

That's the best part though mate - Engrish instructions are always good for a laugh. I've seen some shocking translations on Ebay just now!

#18 Wayneo01

Wayneo01

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 tdci titanium

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

That looks half decent.
You just know the instructions will be in poorly translated English though.

Heres a video of it in action it looks like

#19 Mathrin

Mathrin

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted ImageYou may have such an experience, when an impact happened, actually you had no responsibility to take charge it, it was other party's. Abominably, they refused to do so, but more insidious, they forced you to take the blame! Can you bear it? Absolutely not! The proof? let the Car DVR show you the truth at anytime and anywhere.
Own the DVR, Own the proof, Now let the frame go to hell!

#20 Mathrin

Mathrin

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Watching that video, only thing that puts me off is that you can't see their numberplate... and that's incredibly important when proving someone's involved!

#21 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,724 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Heres a video of it in action it looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=VpJu5uwGlmE

This is the one Nathan has & I got delievered this morning for my dads car,

Quoting Mr iNath again as he's not here:

If you want cheap this is what I have and this is what the quality is like (I removed sound in the clip and the quality is rubbish and music taste questionable...)

#22 Wayneo01

Wayneo01

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 tdci titanium

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Did you have to use something to stick it to the window if you dont want to use the suction cup provided, becuase it has that other pad but is that got any kind of adhesive on it?

#23 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Did you have to use something to stick it to the window if you dont want to use the suction cup provided, becuase it has that other pad but is that got any kind of adhesive on it?

No its just a rubber base as far as I can tell. I was meaning to ask Nathan if he bought his own self adhesive pads coz I didn't get any with mine.

I've got double sided tape for sticking on number plates so surely that'll work

#24 BrownMotoring

BrownMotoring

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Name: Philip
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

Interesting thread.

A numpty rear ended me on 1st April (no joke) just days after I fitted a 50 China special from eBay. If anyone is looking search for "X6000 car DVR" - has twin lenses, up to 32G storage, LCD screen (front + rear view, date/time etc), internal iR lights, GPS + g-sensors (software shows video footage, speed, running Google Maps overlay, g/shock forces etc). Sucker means it can be positioned fairly discreetly slightly to the left behind the rear view mirror and nice long power cable to !Removed! lighter is handy to. Easy to use and maintenance free. GPS sensor hidden neatly in the tiny passenger side window. All good.

Anyway, the evidence from the camera was great and helped no end. Insurance company loved it and kept my claim beyond dispute. It's also amazing the stuff you capture in general. There's some pure comedy gold creative driving in Bristol.

The camera is discreet. You get used to it being there and forget it but its still gives me extra peace of mind regardless of what's going on outside. If the scammers are out or I'm involved in an incident or someone is being stupid and aggressive or something is simply amiss, then know its all there on video with plenty of extra detail.

However - it has draw backs:-
1) Front and rear lenses mean I have to behave myself in the car, no iffy bloke manners now :-(
2) It has built in sound which I have to turn off in case someone is one day witness to some ripe language. Likewise cheeky conversations with my better half should stay mute, lol.
3) I also dare not show my other half footage in case she catches sight of me checking out a nice girl or two walking along on my way to work.
4) The GPS means I have to be wary of my speed and position. If I have an accident and the insurance company or police spot I'm ambling along at the speed of sound in my 1.25 it won't wash with them. That's admittedly a good thing to be fair and its slowed me down. Interestingly the other day I passed a Police van doing speed checks and it made me wonder who was watching who?!?

I'd say buy one. Some folks don't like it and think its all a bit dubious in some way or simply view them skepticism, but it's already proven its worth with me and one of my colleagues.

#25 BrownMotoring

BrownMotoring

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Name: Philip
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost
Contributor

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

Here's you all go, the cam I use (X6000):-

http://shop.mobilewe...w=true&cmd=SREF

#26 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,630 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

I have nothing to add to this apart from what Paul has already said. Btw I attached the bracket to my screen with a double sided sticky pad.

#27 harweyko

harweyko

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 1.6l Ti-VCT

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm also owning one small device with descent video but not really good sound, but I think sound is not the part that the camera is used for:
Posted Image

and video from first day, fun begins at 1:12 ;) (sorry for the loud sound)

#28 ChrissH

ChrissH

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Lol! Nice to see people checking their mirrors for the blind spot!!

Just a quick one.. If i wanted this to attach to a switched ignition live so it doesn't use the 12v socket, how would i go about doing that?

#29 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Interesting thread.

A numpty rear ended me on 1st April (no joke) just days after I fitted a £50 China special from eBay. If anyone is looking search for "X6000 car DVR" - has twin lenses, up to 32G storage, LCD screen (front + rear view, date/time etc), internal iR lights, GPS + g-sensors (software shows video footage, speed, running Google Maps overlay, g/shock forces etc). Sucker means it can be positioned fairly discreetly slightly to the left behind the rear view mirror and nice long power cable to !Removed! lighter is handy to. Easy to use and maintenance free. GPS sensor hidden neatly in the tiny passenger side window. All good.

Anyway, the evidence from the camera was great and helped no end. Insurance company loved it and kept my claim beyond dispute. It's also amazing the stuff you capture in general. There's some pure comedy gold creative driving in Bristol.

The camera is discreet. You get used to it being there and forget it but its still gives me extra peace of mind regardless of what's going on outside. If the scammers are out or I'm involved in an incident or someone is being stupid and aggressive or something is simply amiss, then know its all there on video with plenty of extra detail.

However - it has draw backs:-
1) Front and rear lenses mean I have to behave myself in the car, no iffy bloke manners now :-(
2) It has built in sound which I have to turn off in case someone is one day witness to some ripe language. Likewise cheeky conversations with my better half should stay mute, lol.
3) I also dare not show my other half footage in case she catches sight of me checking out a nice girl or two walking along on my way to work.
4) The GPS means I have to be wary of my speed and position. If I have an accident and the insurance company or police spot I'm ambling along at the speed of sound in my 1.25 it won't wash with them. That's admittedly a good thing to be fair and its slowed me down. Interestingly the other day I passed a Police van doing speed checks and it made me wonder who was watching who?!?

I'd say buy one. Some folks don't like it and think its all a bit dubious in some way or simply view them skepticism, but it's already proven its worth with me and one of my colleagues.

Good to hear that the footage helped when it was needed.

Here's you all go, the cam I use (X6000):-

http://shop.mobilewe...w=true&cmd=SREF

That looks like a good one, especially for the price. Software looks useful too.

I'm also owning one small device with descent video but not really good sound, but I think sound is not the part that the camera is used for:
Posted Image

and video from first day, fun begins at 1:12 ;) https://www.youtube....h?v=Y06tSYChmdU (sorry for the loud sound)

Thanks for posting. Nice to see other peoples cam and footage. You should put all your clips of bad drivers on youtube :)

I've just came in from fitting my dads. Its very neat - I bet not a single pupil/passenger will notice it, especially being hidden behind two mirrors....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 574 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Really interesting topic Paul - I never considered the need for a camera but those videos have really made me think about getting one!

My sister had someone run in the back of her a few months ago. If it wasn't for a couple of witnesses stopping, I'm sure the guy would have tried arguing it (though, how far can your argument go if you've run into someone from behind at a junction?) But those witnesses won't always be there, or be willing to stop.

I guess it's also helpful if you aren't involved in an incident but manage to capture something that might be of use to the police.

Pay day is Friday - think my car is going to have some money spent on it ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users