• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Chaddy 18

Chaddy 18

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

Got my Tdci zetec s booked in for a remap at Celtic tuning. Thought I'd do a thread and let people know the end result and how I get on with it.

I know some people have had remap and 'tuning boxes/resistors/chip'(whatever they're called) so any experiences people add would be good and hopefully this thread could be useful to people considering something similar.

I've chosen Celtic as they've said It'll add +30bhp and +49Ibft of torque which is higher than mountune and I know a few people who have good things to say about them as well as ok price... and its just down the road :)

booked mine in today aswell , ive got the 1.6 tdci zetec , couldnt afford the zetec s sadly :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

booked mine in today aswell , ive got the 1.6 tdci zetec , couldnt afford the zetec s sadly :(

You can always build a ZetecS from a zetec, like I have done because the ZetecS isint available to order over here I imported the parts to make a zs

#33 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Are you removing the dpf or leaving it in

I had planned on removing it on the day by getting it cut open on its weld, and getting the internals removed
hen welded closed and refitted so as it would pass any visual inspection, but I was told by the professionals that id gain very little by removing it and although advertised no smoke after removal they said some cars do smoke after removal and apparently the 1.6TDCi engine is one that doesn't respond well to removal of the DPF. But I've been told the free flowing 3" DPF back upgrade and remap will help keep the DPF free flowing more than the standard exhaust and engine managment configuration setup.

Hi, the reason they couldn't re-map is 2010 model TDCIs were fitted with a Bosch ECU instead of a Seimens one, and it is an anti-tamper , but I know they are working on cracking it, I was just into get mine done last Saturday, and told they couldn't do it, but they will eventually

Perhaps the 2010 fiesta is a start of change in ford design by changing to Bosh.
My 2010 focus must have a siemens because its 1.6TDCi 90bhp engine was remapped no problem now its 120bhp
Hope they get around this soon, and would also explain why Mountune haven't got any engine upgrades for it yet neither.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users