k13r4n

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts
  • Name: kieran
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Metal
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ah ok even better hope it does will be stopping in past and demanding a straight answer from ford

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 RB2004

RB2004

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Name: Ronald J
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2008 Titanium with Sport Pack
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

On facelift titanium wiring is not same as ST

I have a titanium.

Can you let me know the wiring loom part number?

If you remove passenger headlamp it's underneath there on sticker ending in 2 letters.

I know ford started with full loom because the full loom part number is older than the cheaper wiring they was installing later on which didnt have everything.

But I can check your loom on ECat

#18 RB2004

RB2004

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

They was the same on pre facelift but facelift it changed!

Just like pre facelift behind dash used to have ESP button wiring on titanium a but not any more.. And when I look through the parts catalogue the RS loom is even different to st loom.

Post your loom part number and I can check for definite.

But I know ford used a cheaper loom, in factory because my titanium has the cheaper loom and part number is newer than the full loom listed in ECat, also the cheaper loom is not available to purchase from the dealer they will sell you the full loom only.

So it was done purely for cost reasons, same with the gem modules.. Dealer replacement part only 2 available, keyless and normal one. So all the same.

But in factory on lower spec ones ford was using a cheaper gem which didnt support things like cruise control. Which people found out when the tried to fit cruise control and it wouldn't work because their gem didnt support it.

Also when you look up these bits in ford ECat it has on right hand side other part numbers, which is labelled as basically part numbers that ford used in factory (cheaper parts) which the part you wanna buy replaces... If that makes any sense lol

#19 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,470 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Titan X Sport 2.2 175BHP
Contributor

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I was going by when Preee fitted an ESP button to his facelift titanium as the wiring was already there being a higher spec

http://www.fordowner...cus-esp-button/

Thought it should be the same case with the headlight wiring

Also, Haz93 has started doing this to his zetec s and said he didn't need any additional wiring

http://www.fordowner...ts/page__st__15

I may be wrong though

#20 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: Audi A5 Cabriolet + Mini Cooper
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hi Guys, Yeah the looms might have different names/part numbers but it doesn't mean they are that different.

as far as I know, the only reason the ST and Titanium engine bay wiring looms have different names is because of the 2.5 litre volvo engine requiring a different loom.

basically if you take out one of your headlights (dont even need to disconnect it ) and look at the actual connector, if all 10 pins have wires going to them, then you have the correct engine bay wiring for the Bi Xenon ST headlights.

IMG_0357.JPG

Also there is a wiring junction near the bonnet stand shown here

IMG_0864.JPG

If there are 4 ways to this junction then one of these is for the front levelling sensor behind the wheel arch protection shown here

IMG_0867.JPG

My car is a 1.6 petrol Zetec S, so really only has the zetec spec with the extra body styling, but I can confirm that It has the Internal and the Engine Bay looms for the Bi Xenon headlights.

I've got the levelling control module from a braker on ebay and also the levelling sensors getting sent tomorrow, module was £20 the sensors still need to confirm a price. Headlights from ST could possibly be about £200 with all the parts ( mine had no bulbs or ballast, managed to get the osram ballasts but only cheap chinese bulbs which have just blown :( getting the osram ones soon ) and the ST washer bottle was £25 ebay and just need to get the bumper washers, hose and washer relay.

All in all can be done for around 300 - 400 quid. ford parts uk quoted me £1200 for most of the parts!!!!

And of course it requires activation via FF2 softare from Civil and Elm cable through Preee's guide

#21 RB2004

RB2004

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

The engine loom has nothing to do with it.. Because that loom plugs into the fuse box and is separate.

But the titanium is not fitted with an st loom as of 2008.

Only reason RS and st have different part number for engine bay loom is because of the ESP button and pods.

Whereas normal focus doesn't use those so no wiring.

I have the parts catalogue in front of me.

I use the engineering part numbers not finis, because it tells you the revision information.

You shouldn't have dash wiring for xenon.. Ok I can be proved wrong but ford list 2 looms of each variant.. 1 for xenon and 1 for halogen, variants being if you have climate control or not, if you have econetic with start stop or not, if you have sat nav or not.. But for every variant there is halogen and xenon looms separate.

Ford don't do this unless they have to, because like engine bay wiring, the loom you get from dealer is a 1 loom fits all... Bar ST and RS.

Only reason they had others in factory was to further reduce their build costs... Cheaper looms save them money.

#22 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Did not mean to knock your knowledge mate, I too have the parts catalogue and can see the different names and revisions for the looms.

Just because it says Halogen doesn't necessarily mean the loom is different in real life on all cars and all varients, like you say they will try to save money with less wiring on the looms but something like the Xenon headlights were an option on pretty much every spec, so I'm not saying this defiantly, but they may have just taped up the connector on the non Xenon Loom's. Anyways thats just a theory.

So thats why I checked my car and found the Xenon control module connector actually taped up with foam tape. To Find this you will need to lye down with your head pushing the accelerator into the carpet ( make sure the car is off first ) and shine a torch up towards the A pillar and you will see a wiring loom for the pedals, off this there may be a Taped up connector which is for the Xenon control module

All I was saying if you follow the steps above you will be able to find out if your vehicle will be compatible for the Bi Xenon headlights.

#23 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Ok so I need to look at the wire in my lights if there are 10 wires there and a plug thingy beside my water bottle beside the bonnet holderopener thingy and a box under my football above my head then my car is xenon compatible

#24 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Haz how are u getting the washers to work as ur bumper doesn't have the holes for it

#25 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Have u got a picture of the control module so I know what I'm looking for ?

#26 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

sorry the control module you will need to source, what you are looking for up in the footwell is a socket to plug the box into.

An easier way to find out if you have it would be to remove the A pillar plastic trim, which leaves a gap for you to look down behind the air blower (drivers side) and you should either see not alot or a grey coloured foam tape covering an electrical socket. I will post some pics tomorrow

Also if you look on the inside of the bumpers, the holes are already marked out, just like the rear parking sensors are in the back bumper

#27 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,470 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Titan X Sport 2.2 175BHP
Contributor

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

what you are looking for up in the footwell is a socket to plug the box into.

An easier way to find out if you have it would be to remove the A pillar plastic trim, which leaves a gap for you to look down behind the air blower (drivers side) and you should either see not alot or a grey coloured foam tape covering an electrical socket. I will post some pics tomorrow

would this be on my mk2 ghia too?

#28 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

To be fair mate, from what was said above it seems ford have a mind of their own when it comes to the different wiring looms so all I would say is check it out. If you have the wire in the engine bay for the front levelling sensor it would be silly if you didn't have this connector. All depends on what Ford decided to do.

I will try and get some pics tomorrow to help you all find the right bits :)

#29 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ok cheers in advance haz and found the four way connector beside the bonnet holder

#30 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Wire beside water bottle is pic 1 pic 2 is the wire to drivers light it has 10 wires going in

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0173.jpg
  • IMAG0174.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: what do i need, haz, xenon, parts, bits and bobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users