Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Ordered my New Focus Titanium X yesterday in Ink Blue, delivery should be in 2-3 weeks, can't wait! First brand new car  :D anyone want to buy a 2011 Fiesta?  ^_^

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,838 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Ordered my New Focus Titanium X yesterday in Ink Blue, delivery should be in 2-3 weeks, can't wait! First brand new car  :D anyone want to buy a 2011 Fiesta?  ^_^

Great choice :P

Check out the link in my sig for what its going to look like :D

#48 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Great choice :P

Check out the link in my sig for what its going to look like :D

Funny that I saw those pictures the other day... They were the convincer for me to change! I think the salesman owes you some of his commission!!  :lol:

#49 Angelo Powershift

Angelo Powershift

Angelo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Evangelos
  • Ford Model: ford Focus Titanium 1.6 powershift

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hi all, I've ordered a new ford focus Titanium (125)ps 1.6 Powershift.

It's a great car except the option packs for the 1.6 powershift are not available!  :blink:  eg: DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACK, & CONVENIENCE PACK!!! the 2 best pack's :angry: . And of course all new focus's come with the newly improved ELECTRIC POWER ASSISTED STEERING, BUT NOT THE 1.6 POWERSHIFT!!!!!!  :angry:  There are two 2.0 diesel powershifts and you can have any of the packs and the elec steering,  <_<  but why not on that 1.6 powershift. :blink:

I'm afraid the sales people weren't technical enough to know why.

If anyone knows why pls tell/explain

Thanks all

#50 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,773 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

It's a great car except the option packs for the 1.6 powershift are not available!  :blink:  eg: DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACK, & CONVENIENCE PACK!!! the 2 best pack's :angry: . And of course all new focus's come with the newly improved ELECTRIC POWER ASSISTED STEERING, BUT NOT THE 1.6 POWERSHIFT!!!!!!  :angry:  There are two 2.0 diesel powershifts and you can have any of the packs and the elec steering,  <_<  but why not on that 1.6 powershift. :blink:
Thanks all

Just to advise you that posting the same message in three different places is not necessary.
I've removed your other two posts to view up the forum.

#51 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Thanks all

It could be for technical reasons eg - the electrical system (alternator/ battery etc) can only supply so much power, adding extras like electric power may exeed this

The powershift may take extra power out of the electical system

the 1.6 may not have the torque to drive a larger alternator and it would cost too much to upgrade it just because somone specified extras, and it would have a negative effect on performance/ economy

the diesel may have a "beefed up" alternator and larger battery (the torque of the diesel can drive a "bigger" alternator and a larger battery is nessesary to start the diesil engine - because of the glow plugs and high compression)

(many drivers prefer the "feel" of hydralic steering over electric anyway, and often the "performance" versions of cars have the std electric power steering replaced with hydralic - its only recently that electric has achieved the "feel" of hydralic)

It may be for phisical packaging reasons or you may have to go for the premier models rather than entry-level to get the best "goodies", even as an option

Much of this is speculation on my part - there is a chance at least some of this is right

#52 Angelo Powershift

Angelo Powershift

Angelo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Evangelos
  • Ford Model: ford Focus Titanium 1.6 powershift

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hey Foca,

Thank you. That all sounds logically right.

thank you again for responding :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users