84 replies to this topic

#46 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4i

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

I had the same problem, it seems the 'fix' is to put the usb cable in first let the ipod start up and link with the car then stick the aux cable in, since then its been fine.

very wierd

Thanks for that. Will try your method out tomorrow. How did you figure that out? I have a Bytestor 8GB USB stick from Amazon ( 11.70) and have used it for yonks with no problems, highly recommended.

Cheers

Brian :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4i

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for that TonyEssex, will have a go at that tomorrow. Will report on the outcome. I have tried an 8GB USB stick with MP3 files on it. I just copied about six albums to it and had no probs. An 8GB Bytestor (which I have) is on sale on Amazon for 11.70. I rate these sticks very highly as I have had no problems with mine.

Cheers

Brian :rolleyes:

I have just tried your method of connecting and it seems to work OK. Will have to do a longer test though.

Cheers

Brian

#48 bushido7

bushido7

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

This is good to know - just ordered one, having already bought an extra USB - dock connector lead from the Apple store!

Does anyone use the iPhone 3G with their Fiesta? What's the word on interference on the stereo when a call comes in? Is there any?

I have been wondering why my ipod wont play. I am going to order one of these tomorrow....

Mant thanks

#49 Dave R

Dave R

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 zetec TDCi

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

Here's one for peeps to help me with then.
I have got the cable for my ipod nano and everything works fine apart from voice control to my playlist.

The lovely lady in the dash gets as far as asking for the playlist number but when I answer 1 she says "not possible"

I have saved the playlists in itunes as it says in the hand book i:e "Ford1" etc etc.

Help. :( what am I doing wrong

#50 tetra

tetra

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 3dr Cedar Green

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

Here's one for peeps to help me with then.
I have got the cable for my ipod nano and everything works fine apart from voice control to my playlist.

The lovely lady in the dash gets as far as asking for the playlist number but when I answer 1 she says "not possible"

I have saved the playlists in itunes as it says in the hand book i:e "Ford1" etc etc.

Help. :( what am I doing wrong

you did save it as Ford1 without the quotation marks yeah?

#51 Dave R

Dave R

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 zetec TDCi

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

you did save it as Ford1 without the quotation marks yeah?

yep, But think I have worked out what was wrong, Me songs in itunes came from my cd's and got saved as M4 thingy files, changed the buggers to mp3 and redone the playlists and now the lovely lady in the dash board does as she is asked bless her.

Took me a few days to work it but got there in the end :rolleyes:

#52 wooner69

wooner69

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: 2009 fiesta titanium
Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

I picked up a new Fiesta on Monday, ordered the 'Y' cable the same day & received it today. I plugged in my Ipod Classic and after a short while guess what? I had the same message 'error reading device'. Put my Wife's Ipod Nano in and the same thing happened. What's going on? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Cheers

Brian

Help I also have a simular problem. I connect my Ipod nano with the Y cable, and all works well for about 5 minutes. Then I'm unable to use the in car computer with error message unable to initialize? I then unplug the USB, reconnect, the Ipod then initializes and the same thing occurs? Any ideas???????????????

#53 TonyEssex

TonyEssex

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 (on order)

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

I keep getting the same issue again, works fine some days then get the error reading device

Want to take it back to dealers but dont want to turn up and it work fine

I cant work out what the issue is, when the problem occurs the ipod plays for around a minute then the error appears

#54 wooner69

wooner69

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

:huh:

I keep getting the same issue again, works fine some days then get the error reading device

Want to take it back to dealers but dont want to turn up and it work fine

I cant work out what the issue is, when the problem occurs the ipod plays for around a minute then the error appears

I've had a chat with a guy at PC World. He thinks it's a possible radio code problem. So I'll have to take the car up to the dealer. :(

#55 TonyEssex

TonyEssex

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

it seems to be an issue with the newer type of ipod, according to ford, they had a look at my car and have no fix :(

#56 FMC

FMC

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

it seems to be an issue with the newer type of ipod, according to ford, they had a look at my car and have no fix :(

My iPod is quite an old one, it's one of the first gen video ipods - do you think that'll be ok?

(car is on order at present)

#57 TonyEssex

TonyEssex

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

okay talked this through with an engineer, it seems you can play the ipod fine with just the aux cable in but with the usb lead out, but this stops you controlling the ipod via the car.

he said there would be some settings i can change on the ipod once connected to my computer which would stop the issues. anyone know where some kind of connectivity settings are when an ipod is connected to a pc? i have looked on itunes and cant see anything that would help.

#58 wooner69

wooner69

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

okay talked this through with an engineer, it seems you can play the ipod fine with just the aux cable in but with the usb lead out, but this stops you controlling the ipod via the car.

he said there would be some settings i can change on the ipod once connected to my computer which would stop the issues. anyone know where some kind of connectivity settings are when an ipod is connected to a pc? i have looked on itunes and cant see anything that would help.

:huh: I have taken the car back to Ford, 4 times. Don't seem to know what they are doing? I have a nano quite old and have a ipod touch brand new. Both still fail after a short amount of time. I have reset the older nano back to factory settings and still the same problems. The weird thing is the ipod still charges after it fails? On longer journeys now I use an adaptor from maplins in the aux socket, which always works. And reconnect the y cable to recharge the battery in the ipods. :(

#59 FMC

FMC

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

Well if my ipod fails and Ford can't find a fix for it I'll be rejecting the car, simple as that.

#60 beatty36

beatty36

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6TDCi

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

Selling ford 'y' cable if any ones interested? open to offers, im not using it so i may as well take anyhting for it. id like to see 15 pounds any way.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users